jackson j2-sp worth now

I had the EMG set up as standard and it sounded sloppy! The gain boost wasn't great either but maybe it was something different, it was a long time ago..

And yeah I've been on XP since forever, literally had no reason whatsoever to upgrade until this year when I wanted to install a photography editing software which required 7 or newer, so I got a copy from someone and now there's bloody audio lag! I've done my research, it's not RAM! As I've got the same hardware as when I had XP and it worked fine. I haven't really got the time right now to be sitting and getting my chops back anyway so I won't bother trying to sort it until I do!

I had the EMG set up as standard and it sounded sloppy! The gain boost wasn't great either but maybe it was something different, it was a long time ago..

And yeah I've been on XP since forever, literally had no reason whatsoever to upgrade until this year when I wanted to install a photography editing software which required 7 or newer, so I got a copy from someone and now there's bloody audio lag! I've done my research, it's not RAM! As I've got the same hardware as when I had XP and it worked fine. I haven't really got the time right now to be sitting and getting my chops back anyway so I won't bother trying to sort it until I do!

Windows 7 requires more RAM just to run (over a gig) than XP just so you know. I think you'll be fine if you buy a external sound card. I bought both the ALX set and the MM04. Used the pickup from the ALX and the MM04 in my Jackson, I stupidly put the EMG gain boost in my Ibanez PGM301 & sounds like shit so need to take it out. I'm guessing you got the ALX thing as the MM04 sounds really clear to my ears

Last edited: