Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Relief fund

Thanks for posting this, the situation here is very dire. Almost half a million refugees, and most of the media attention seems to be turning to the unfolding nuclear disaster. My thanks in advance to anyone who donates anything at all.
(I'm fine btw, western Japan is shockingly unaffected by this tragedy.)

Considering my wife is Japanese and we have family there, we are very concerned and are doing what we can to help out. My mother-in-law is in the northern part of Ibaraki Prefecture (prefectures are similar to states in the US) and is only about 80 miles from the Fukushima nuclear plant. She has electricity, but no water and gas, yet she is extremely lucky. There are many who are dealing with much worse than she.
I am very proud of the Japanese people. They are having to deal with sooo much stress, yet they are acting very civil. My heart goes out to all of the loved ones of those that have lost their lives and to those that are homeless and suffering. This is a terrible tragedy.

Bryant

Bryant

I am very proud of the Japanese people. They are having to deal with sooo much stress, yet they are acting very civil. My heart goes out to all of the loved ones of those that have lost their lives and to those that are homeless and suffering. This is a terrible tragedy.

I wholeheartedly agree with you.

~Jen

Thanks for posting this, the situation here is very dire. Almost half a million refugees, and most of the media attention seems to be turning to the unfolding nuclear disaster. My thanks in advance to anyone who donates anything at all.

Yeah, it took 4 days to get news of some friends in Shiogama. News searches didn't bring up a damn thing after the first day on how conditions were there and meanwhile the e-mail I had was bouncing since the servers are down as there's no power in the area. They live very close to the Matsushima Bay.
The son-in-law and their daughter live in Tokyo so once my mom was able to locate their home number, we got a call back from him the following day.

I sent money through iTunes to the Red Cross. You can also send donations to the Japanese Red Cross and various other organizations by checking http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=1221
Direct Relief International is a good one. I might send some more to them.

I sent a few bucks through the red cross today. I was born in Japan (military family) and spent the first 1.5 years of my life there, so I always feel a bit of a bond with Japan. I would like to visit someday.

Considering my wife is Japanese and we have family there, we are very concerned and are doing what we can to help out. My mother-in-law is in the northern part of Ibaraki Prefecture (prefectures are similar to states in the US) and is only about 80 miles from the Fukushima nuclear plant. She has electricity, but no water and gas, yet she is extremely lucky. There are many who are dealing with much worse than she.

Bryant

Ibaraki suffered a lot of significant damage, and 4 people were killed by the quake there. I'm happy your family is safe, but the radiation from the Fukushima plant is a major concern. I hope they stay safe, or have somewhere in western Japan they can go.

Thank you for posting this! I'm very happy that everyone has been able to hear from their family and friends! My husband and I have a few family members in Japan as well but they were far enough way (Osaka) to not be put out or hurt. All the news is overwhelming and I can hardly bear it, though I feel bad for looking away knowing that there are millions who can't get away from it.

Here's something for a little perspective. It takes a few seconds to really get going, but then it's almost impossible to watch:
http://www.japanquakemap.com/

I'm glued to news sources from everywhere else but CNN and Fox as they seem to be majorly behind, repeat a lot of the same info, and are focusing on the reactors only. In spite of it all, there have been some incredibly inspiring stories that have emerged.

Ibaraki suffered a lot of significant damage, and 4 people were killed by the quake there. I'm happy your family is safe, but the radiation from the Fukushima plant is a major concern. I hope they stay safe, or have somewhere in western Japan they can go.

Thank you for your concern. My mother-in-law, Tomoko is very stubborn. She wants to be at home. She has another daughter in Kobe, but she is staying where she is. Most of Hitachi City (Northern Ibaraki) is doing well though. Natural Gas and water has been restored. They have the needed supplies in the markets as well. The biggest problem in Hitachi City now is there is no gasoline. I think because they are so close to Sendai and other hard hit areas, the gasoline is being used for large equipment. I am sure that if Hitachi City is well, most of the rest of Ibaraki is ok as well, because it is very far North part of Ibaraki.
I just hope they can get the Fukushima nuclear plants under control where the real rebuilding can start. The Japanese have been through enough as it is. Some good news from getting the nuclear fuel cooled and contained would really be a huge relief for Japan.

Bryant

Brody! I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you're alright.

Check out the "Rock For Japan" charity album coming out feat. unreleased tracks from FM, Dan Reed, Tony Harnell, Robin Beck, House of Lords, Royal Hunt and many more. All profit of the sales income of this CD will be donated to the Red Cross in Japan.

Tracklist Rock For Japan

CD 1:
1. FM – Kissed (previously unreleased in Europe)
2. Tommy Heart - And I Know (previously unreleased)
3. Grand Illusion - Yumi‘s Eyes (previously unreleased, recorded during the ‘Brand New World’ sessions)
4. Harlan Cage - Sinner‘s Groove (new recording)
5. Fiona - Love Along The Way (new recording)
6. Dan Reed - I Don’t Mind (previously unreleased, recorded during the ‘Coming Up For Air’ sessions)
7. Tony Harnell - One Way Ride (previously only released on a digital only, self-released EP)
8. Grand Design - Love Will Shine The Way (new recording)
9. Doogie White/ Pontus Norgren – Message Of Love (previously unreleased cover of the Journey song of the same name)
10. Hartmann feat. Tobias Sammet - Brother’s (Live) (recorded live at the Colossaal, Aschaffenburg, Germany in 2009; this version previously unreleased in Europe)
11. Brian McDonald - In Too Deep (new recording)
12. Shotgun Symphony - The One (new recording)
13. Brett Walker - Good Enough (new recording)
14. Peter Beckett - Too Many Reasons (new recording)
15. Poison Sun - Russian Racketeers (previously unreleased; from the ‘Virtual Sin’ sessions)
16. Big Nature - One Way Ride (feat. Chandler Mogel from Outloud & Talon on vocals; previously unreleased)
17. Legs Diamond - Missing A Part (previously unreleased; from the sessions for the album ‘Diamonds Are Forever’)

CD2:
1. Soul Doctor - You’re All That I Want (Single Remix) (2011 shortened remix of the song which originally appeared on the album ‘Soul Doctor’; this version previously unreleased)
2. Crown Of Thorns - I Won’t Wait (previously available on the compilation album ‘Crown Jewels’; from the recording sessions of the album ‘Crown Of Thorns’)
3. Harem Scarem – Easier (previously unreleased song)
4. Robin Beck - The One (previously released on the 2011 album ‚The Great Escape‘)
5. Torben Schmidt - Run Away (previously unreleased on CD)
6. Mark Spiro - Say Your Prayers (previously unreleased)
7. House Of Lords - Spirit Of Love (previously released on the album ‘Demons Down’)
8. Mitch Malloy - Anything At All (Live) (recorded live at Firefest 2008; previously unreleased on CD)
9. Dogface - Fired (previously unreleased)
10. Kane’d - Rock Against The D.J. (previously unreleased)
11. Royal Hunt - Back To Square (Live) (recorded live in Atlanta, USA in 2009; previously unreleased)
12. M.ill.ion - What I Want (previously unreleased; from the sessions for the album ‘Kingsize’)
13. Johnny Lima - Nowhere Left To Go (previously unreleased)
14. Tommy Denander - Where Is The Fire (previously unreleased on CD; feat. Mikkey Dee on drums and John Leven on bass)
15. Chris Laney - Coming Home (previously unreleased)
16. Bulletrain - Take Me To The Sun (previously unreleased on CD; from the self-financed EP of the band)
17. Subsignal – Wingless (previously unreleased demo version)

~Jen

Brody! I was wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you're alright.

Thanks! The worst thing we've seen in Hiroshima is supply issues resulting in JR service cuts and an occasional inability to buy rice or bottled water. That, and I'm having to rethink my plan to move to Tokyo later this year -_-

Miel, any idea where we could purchase that album? Can't find the appropriate info on the facebook page.

from www.melodicrock.com :

Michelle Raitzin who sang with Royal Hunt some lead and backing vocals, toured with the band in Japan in 2008 and 2009. In Michelle's own words, "Hey guys, I wrote this song "About Tomorrow" and it came up on my playlist as I was searching the news to see what else I can find out about the tragedy that is going on in Japan. I wanted to see what I can do to help. At that moment, it just clicked for me. Although it's hard to say that we can relate to how the people of Japan are feeling right now, this song really seemed to be as close as I could get. Please donate to the Red Cross, just heard on the news that not nearly enough is coming in. Thank you so much for watching!"

Royal Hunt is planning to tour Japan in April, despite the current situation in there. (Tokyo - April 23rd, Nagoya - April 24th and Osaka April 26th) About Tomorrow original tribute song by singer/songwriter Michelle Raitzin

Last edited by a moderator:

"Charity label There Is Hope Records an imprint of Melodic Revolution Records to release Strength on March 29. Strength is a digital CD release to help raise money for the people of Japan, in the aftermath of the tragic Tsunami and Earthquakes that have devastated the country since March 11, 2011. Musicians from around the globe (International & Independent) have donated music to this release to help raise money. All proceeds of the release are donated directly to Music For Relief who is partnered with many wonderful organizations like Habitat for Humanity and others. Music For Relief is a grassroots effort comprised of musicians, music industry professionals and fans who believe that together they can create positive change.

Music For Relief: Established in 2005 to provide aid for those affected by the Indian Ocean Tsunami, the idea for Music For Relief originated amongst the members of the band Linkin Park who wanted to do something to help those affected. The idea was that if they made a donation, and then asked their musician peers and their fans to make a donation as well, a huge impact could be made in assisting relief efforts. With this in mind, they started reaching out to others in the music community to get involved and became the founders of Music For Relief.

WebLink: www.musicforrelief.org / This is the forth in a series of charity releases to help those in need, other release include "The Christmas Gift" a compilation to help raise money and awareness for the homeless. "Musicians for Oil Relief" to help raise money for the people affected in the Gulf Oil Disaster. "Songs For Haiti – Relief Through Music" to help the people after the tragic earthquake that shook Haiti in January of 2010.

Single Downloads went on March 22, 2011 for the mere donation of just one dollar. You can add one of the many wonderful tracks to your music collection while helping the people of Japan. Downloads available in most all formats for the same low price and is available to purchase at: thereishoperecords.com.
For more information: www.facebook.com/thereishoperecords."

strength-cd.jpg

From www.melodicrock.com :

'80S ROCKERS BAND TOGETHER TO FUNDRAISE FOR JAPAN AT HARPER'S IN TARZANA ON APRIL 16:
The original "We Are The World" and last year's "We Are The World 25 For Haiti" featured great artists raising money for important causes, but they failed to do one thing-really rock!
No worries there with the '80s Rockers For Japan benefit Saturday, April 16 at Harper's in Tarzana. Organized by Terry Ilous (XYZ, Great White), the show will include members of some of the '80s most popular rock and metal bands. Ilous and Jeff Paris have also written a song and are creating a video that will feature many of the participating musicians. The song will be recorded, and the video shot live at the benefit. It will subsequently be available on iTunes. Proceeds from the event and sales of the track and video will be donated to the American Red Cross Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami Relief efforts.
"Japan has always been very supportive of our kind of music, and this is our small way of giving back," says Ilous. In addition to Ilous, performers who have committed to the show and recording/video project include Chris Slade (AC/DC/ The Firm), Rudy Sarzo (Whitesnake/Ozzy Osbourne/ Blue Oyster Cult), Brian Tichy (Whitesnake /Foreigner/Billy Idol), Richie Kotzen (Poison/Mr. Big), Juan Croucier (Ratt), Jon Levin (Dokken), John Payne (Asia), Teddy Zigzag (Guns N' Roses), James Lomenzo (Megadeth/Black Label Society), Marco Mendoza (Thin Lizzy/Whitesnake), Robin McAuley (Survivor /MSG), Simon Wright (Dio/AC/DC/UFO), Robert Sarzo (Hurricane) and Mitch Perry (MSG/Asia/Edgar Winter).
Other vocalists contributing to the benefit song include Lita Ford, Don Dokken and Paul Shortino. The show will also feature guitarists Richie Kotzen (Mr. Big/Poison) and Michael Thompson, an American musician well known in Japan. Line6 will provide the backline and Spaun Drums will provide all drums.
A live streaming broadcast will be done by Front Row Entertainment and viewers will be able to watch the event for free online; a link to the Red Cross will be provided and the musicians who are participating request that those watching make a small donation. New artists are being added to this roster daily, and Ilous promises one very big surprise, to be unveiled at the show.

Check out the "Rock For Japan" charity album coming out feat. unreleased tracks from FM, Dan Reed, Tony Harnell, Robin Beck, House of Lords, Royal Hunt and many more. All profit of the sales income of this CD will be donated to the Red Cross in Japan.

Tracklist Rock For Japan

CD 1:
1. FM – Kissed (previously unreleased in Europe)
2. Tommy Heart - And I Know (previously unreleased)
3. Grand Illusion - Yumi‘s Eyes (previously unreleased, recorded during the ‘Brand New World’ sessions)
4. Harlan Cage - Sinner‘s Groove (new recording)
5. Fiona - Love Along The Way (new recording)
6. Dan Reed - I Don’t Mind (previously unreleased, recorded during the ‘Coming Up For Air’ sessions)
7. Tony Harnell - One Way Ride (previously only released on a digital only, self-released EP)
8. Grand Design - Love Will Shine The Way (new recording)
9. Doogie White/ Pontus Norgren – Message Of Love (previously unreleased cover of the Journey song of the same name)
10. Hartmann feat. Tobias Sammet - Brother’s (Live) (recorded live at the Colossaal, Aschaffenburg, Germany in 2009; this version previously unreleased in Europe)
11. Brian McDonald - In Too Deep (new recording)
12. Shotgun Symphony - The One (new recording)
13. Brett Walker - Good Enough (new recording)
14. Peter Beckett - Too Many Reasons (new recording)
15. Poison Sun - Russian Racketeers (previously unreleased; from the ‘Virtual Sin’ sessions)
16. Big Nature - One Way Ride (feat. Chandler Mogel from Outloud & Talon on vocals; previously unreleased)
17. Legs Diamond - Missing A Part (previously unreleased; from the sessions for the album ‘Diamonds Are Forever’)

CD2:
1. Soul Doctor - You’re All That I Want (Single Remix) (2011 shortened remix of the song which originally appeared on the album ‘Soul Doctor’; this version previously unreleased)
2. Crown Of Thorns - I Won’t Wait (previously available on the compilation album ‘Crown Jewels’; from the recording sessions of the album ‘Crown Of Thorns’)
3. Harem Scarem – Easier (previously unreleased song)
4. Robin Beck - The One (previously released on the 2011 album ‚The Great Escape‘)
5. Torben Schmidt - Run Away (previously unreleased on CD)
6. Mark Spiro - Say Your Prayers (previously unreleased)
7. House Of Lords - Spirit Of Love (previously released on the album ‘Demons Down’)
8. Mitch Malloy - Anything At All (Live) (recorded live at Firefest 2008; previously unreleased on CD)
9. Dogface - Fired (previously unreleased)
10. Kane’d - Rock Against The D.J. (previously unreleased)
11. Royal Hunt - Back To Square (Live) (recorded live in Atlanta, USA in 2009; previously unreleased)
12. M.ill.ion - What I Want (previously unreleased; from the sessions for the album ‘Kingsize’)
13. Johnny Lima - Nowhere Left To Go (previously unreleased)
14. Tommy Denander - Where Is The Fire (previously unreleased on CD; feat. Mikkey Dee on drums and John Leven on bass)
15. Chris Laney - Coming Home (previously unreleased)
16. Bulletrain - Take Me To The Sun (previously unreleased on CD; from the self-financed EP of the band)
17. Subsignal – Wingless (previously unreleased demo version)

~Jen

Clips of all songs available at http://www.melodicrock.com/showcase/rockforjapan.html

EMBRACE THE SUN - THE LION MUSIC JAPAN BENEFIT PROJECT - FULL DETAILS RELEASED:
Released 17th June 2011 - www.lionmusic.com/cd/embracethesun.htm.
Dedicated to the victims of the Tsunami and Earthquake that struck Japan in March 2011. All artists and composers as well the record label and publishing company are donating their profits from the material included to the victims in hope of a better world. All profits will be donated to the Japan Red Cross. We thank all involved for taking the time to give a little back to those that have lost so much in the aftermath of devastation in Japan. The response was simply overwhelming and we are proud to present this double CD 28 track album featuring many of the most popular acts on the Lion Music roster, along with some extra special guests.

Confirmed track listing: Disc One 01. Mattsson – Mother 02. Milan Polak - End Of Time 03. Anthriel – Circle Of Life 04. Airless – Second Chance 05. Dreyelands - Life Is Worth The Pain 06. Ashent - Disappearance 07. Mastercastle - Sakura 08. Locomotive Breath - Rise Up (Perspective of The Common Man) 09. Gronholm - Believe 10. Marco Sfogli - Stand Alone 11. Mindsplit - Guardian Angel 12. Missing Tide - Falling 13. Infinity Overture - Do You Care? 14. Jennifer Batten - Sakura Season.
Disc Two 01. Overdrive - New Beginning (Arata Na Staato) 02. Emir Hot - Fear of the Storm 03. Venturia - On the Brink 04. Mistheria - Kibou 05. Section A - Survive 06. Status Minor - Drama 07. Mastermind - Time Stands Still 08. Tomorrow's Eve - Black Barren Lands 09. Iron Mask - Sons of the Sun 10. Astra - Voice from Within 11. Benny Jansson- Savior 12. Early Cross - Cairn 13. Winterlong - Failed Connection 14. The Lions - Embrace the Sun.

All artists that appear on this benefit album have in most cases written and recorded their songs especially for Embrace The Sun, and in a number of cases these tracks represent the first recorded output with new band line-ups i.e. Ashent (new vocalist Titta Tani), Astra (new vocalist Andrea Casali), Venturia (new vocalist Florine Acquisto and drummer Frederic Marchal) and Iron Mask (new vocalist Carsten 'Lizard' Schulz and drummer Ramy Ali).
Milan Polak is joined by some special guests in guitarists Peter Lesperance (Harem Scarem) and Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal (Guns N Roses), whilst Kip Winger (Winger) performs bass guitar and drums come courtesy of Dennis Leeflang (Bumblefoot / Lita Ford) for the track End Of Time which is completed by background vocals from Harry Hess (Harem Scarem).
The album also showcases some home-grown Japanese talent in new label signing, progressive rockers Early Cross, whilst the direct influence of the aftermath in Japan can be heard on Jennifer Batten's track 'Sakura Season' was written after her visit to the country in April 2011.
Virtuoso guitarists unite for the closing title track which sees solos from Milan Polak, Francesco Fareri, Daniel Palmqvist (The Murder Of My Sweet), Simone Fiorletta (No Gravity), Dave Martone, Borislav Mitic, Franck Ribiere (Double Heart Project) and Lars Eric Mattsson.

Elsewhere the album is full of excellent new tracks that run the gamut from heavy and powerful to tender and emotional across a number of rock and metal styles. Millions have been affected by the tsunami following the massive earthquake off the coast of Japan and all artists involved and all staff at Lion Music hope that the revenue generated from this release will hopefully make some difference to those affected who look to Embrace The Future.
Lion Music: www.lionmusic.com.

lionmusictribute-embracethesun.jpg