Jeff Loomis/John Petrucci

reese_apoc

May the HORNS be with you
Apr 6, 2007
Arizona
no, this isn't a comparison thread. I love jeff loomis alot more than john, but i won't claim which one is better than the other cause for me it's about preference.

anyway, i was wondering if anyone has seen the guitar world photo shoot they did together like two years ago for Gigantour. i wanna see that pic.

Petrucci is a lot more structured I think... I can usually tell what he's going to play next.

Sometimes Jeff too, but then he'll just pull out some crazy sweep or something and then I die

I've followed both since they were relative unknowns....it is nice to see they have both risen to the top of their respective genres and have fans all over the world.

okay, okay. but has anyone seen the picture i'm talking about? and have a copy of it? i think it was for gigantour '05 in guitar world

Both know there shit...John i think is more structured with his theory and is a very tight player. But loomis is just phenomenal too. Couldn't compare really

no, this isn't a comparison thread. I love jeff loomis alot more than john, but i won't claim which one is better than the other cause for me it's about preference.

anyway, i was wondering if anyone has seen the guitar world photo shoot they did together like two years ago for Gigantour. i wanna see that pic.

I have a copy of that edition, I can maybe scan it for you.

Is there a particular picture you want? There's a bunch of pics with Jeff, John, and Dave Mustaine together.

dude, that would be awesome! if you could, scan as much as you can from that! i didn't get guitar world until like a year after that issue so it's not like i could just find it anywhere, ya know?

No they are not gods, they are regular people like you and me.

They just spent less time masturbating while watching their mom in the garden then you did.

No trust me .. i been playing guitar 17 years AND I masturbate alot and im no god ....

So believe me they arent masturbating at all....

Jeff Loomis is better.

Petrucci has every technical aspect down, yet he can be horrible at songwriting.

Loomis has all the technically he needs yet is a wonderful songwriter.

In terms of technique and consistincy, Petrucci wins. He's a great writer too, but he just doesn't have a recognizable style. He's a chameleon.

Loomis wins in the style department. He reeks of style. Has a better command over sweep picking. Also a great writer and a tad sloppy, but we'll just call that nuance.

You can't compare the two, they're both just scarily good in their own rights.

dude, that would be awesome! if you could, scan as much as you can from that! i didn't get guitar world until like a year after that issue so it's not like i could just find it anywhere, ya know?

Here you go man, I havent forgotten...I wasnt home for several weeks.

scan001001.jpg

scan002001.jpg

scan004001.jpg

scan003001.jpg

The words got cut off a little there, it says: "When I auditioned for Megadeth years ago, Dave was really honest with me. He said, 'Dude, you're too young and you don't have enough skill yet. And he was right - I didnt't."

I remember that, stupid Peh-Truck-See. "We probably wont be playing some of our more sensitive material this time around".

Sorry thats not possibile until you kick out the front woman.