John West and Lonnie Park Go Country

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
Welllllll, it surprised the hell out of me.

Last edited by a moderator:
That blew....... What a load of crap.

This DOES explain John's make-over in the Artlantica liner notes though.

And seriously...... All the damn red Solo cups? REALLY???? Is that necessary?

Wow...this is ridiculous in every way. Talking about selling out...this is beyond that! :lol: John West, I thought you were a bit overrated anyway, so you can stay "rockin the country". He's changed himself into an Eric Church wannabe...

~Brian~

Wow...just, wow. I have praised John West's efforts with Artension and Royal Hunt for the past fifteen years now, and it just saddens me to see him settling for such mediocrity in hopes of making a name for himself in the U.S. This garbage makes Kid Rock sound like a genius!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Ha, I admit to knowing nothing of this guy or his other bands......

But he is from Denmark and seriously singing about "Rockin the Country" in a beat up pick up truck?

Did I miss the push to "reclaim the word" redneck?

I had to watch it after how bad you guys said it was. It is awwwfull. Stereotype laden tripe. I'm sure it'll sell well.

But he is from Denmark and seriously singing about "Rockin the Country" in a beat up pick up truck?

West and Park are both Americans as far as I know.

To forget this, I'll have to play FEINSTEIN-Third Wish, my fave album featuring John West as a singer...

Yeah...I HATE country, and this is about as cheesy as it gets, but I'm not going to fault a dude for trying to make a living. I don't see this as being any more a sell-out than the other tunes I've heard now from this band....do we know if this is a "novelty" song for the band, or a whole new direction? Either way, the band claims on their site to be "the official band of American Motocross"....kinda sounds a little redneck-ish to me. It all fits. John West can do what he wants...I will still enjoy his metal projects.

I'm a sucker for good Country - and while I haven't listened to Country radio in a while (because of tunes like this) I will say this kind of direction (overly stereotypical and gratuitous) with a lot of the more recent Country artists "works" in many cases.

More power to 'em I guess just not my thangggg!

John and Lonnie are both from Courtland NY, not Denmark

Wow. This is really bad. To make matters worse, I was listening to Artension's Phoenix Rising on my drive to work today and thinking how good West sounded on some of the material.