Jorn Viggo Lofstad writing with Floor Jansen...

Apr 10, 2006
Pawtucket, RI
Q: What other bands/projects are you involved in?
JVL: I also play in Jorn [Jorn Lande's band]. I've played in Jorn since 2002 and we have a new album Lonely Are the Brave being released in May 2008 on Frontiers Records. I also write all the songs and produce the albums with Jorn Lande. At the moment I'm also writing some songs with Floor Jansen from After Forever, so let's see what comes out of that, but the main priority now is Pagans Mind.

This sounds like it could be cool.

The rest of the interview can be read here: http://www.antenna.nu/newsstories/44.php

Jorn Viggo and Floor working together? This is awesome! I've never come across a thing that either of them were involved in that I didn't like, so this should be very interesting. Can't wait to hear more about if it's a side project or just Viggo assisting with some AF stuff; I would assume the former since he stated "Floor" and not "After Forever" in the interview. Either way, this is pretty exciting news. :headbang:

id like to hear a full disc instrumental effort from him.

this seems pretty interesting, i had no idea he wrote all the songs for Jorn (Lande)

Eh, I love Jorn and Floor, but after hearing the Beautiful Sin album I'm not so sure he can write good songs outside of Pagan's Mind. I'd like to be psyched for a Jorn/Floor collaboration. The awesome raw talent is there. But it would be cooler if they got someone like Magnus Karlsson to help with the writing.

Eh, I love Jorn and Floor, but after hearing the Beautiful Sin album I'm not so sure he can write good songs outside of Pagan's Mind. I'd like to be psyched for a Jorn/Floor collaboration. The awesome raw talent is there. But it would be cooler if they got someone like Magnus Karlsson to help with the writing.

viggo writes all the tunes for Jorn (lande) as well, and i know im not the only one who enjoys those tunes.

i havent heard beautiful sin yet though so i cant say anything about that album.

Beautiful Sin-The Unexpected is a killer album. The music reminds me alot of MASTERPLAN but with the excellent vocals of Magali Luyten, whom i didn't really appreciate until i heard her recently on the new AYREON-0101001 album (which is BRILLIANT) :worship:,so i gave it a new spin and LOVE it, it's amazing what a second listen can do. :headbang:

viggo writes all the tunes for Jorn (lande) as well, and i know im not the only one who enjoys those tunes.

Eh. Not bad, but not great either. I love his playing though. I just have to wonder if it's he and Nils Rue that make Pagan's Mind work. he doesn't seem to write as well with others.

i havent heard beautiful sin yet though so i cant say anything about that album.

This may be a little mis-statement. Writing them "FOR" Jorn sounds like Jorn just comes in and sings away. I'm pretty sure (although not currently around my CD collection) that Lande has writing credits on most if not all of the songs on his album. I would at least say co-writes with Lande.

Eh. Not bad, but not great either. I love his playing though. I just have to wonder if it's he and Nils Rue that make Pagan's Mind work. he doesn't seem to write as well with others.

That has nothing to do with it dude. Pagans Mind is a DIFFERENT STYLE of band. He writes different because thats the mold PM play which is atmospheric power/prog metal. When he writes for Jorn and others hes writing for a different musical genre which is usually more straight forward with a heavy rock n roll edge to it.

Nils is no doubt amazing but hes not the difference maker in Viggos playing in 1 band versus another.

That has nothing to do with it dude. Pagans Mind is a DIFFERENT STYLE of band. He writes different because thats the mold PM play which is atmospheric power/prog metal. When he writes for Jorn and others hes writing for a different musical genre which is usually more straight forward with a heavy rock n roll edge to it.

Nils is no doubt amazing but hes not the difference maker in Viggos playing in 1 band versus another.

Considering that Viggo didn't write the first 2 Pagan's Mind albums I beg to differ with this statement.