Judas Priest release title track "Firepower"

@Onder

Do you still listen to metal, bro? I've seen you veered in different direction, and I haven't seen you post in metal discussions lately.

I do, I'm just listening to the first Manilla Road album and I have some old death metal in the queue.

I don't really post in the "top 10 of 1985 slow doom metal about vaginas" types of threads as it's quite time-consuming and I can't say I enjoy making lists quite as I used to.

I still listen to metal, almost on a daily basis.

EDIT: Oh look:

compatibility with Relapsse.PNG

Last edited:
That's great, I remember you liking lots of great obscure death metal stuff. You used to write nice stories too. Enjoyed reading them.

I was quite the sucker for old EU death metal mostly. I still don't say no to occasional spin of Phlebotomized or Lubricant. ;)

I just browsed your last.fm for a moment - do you like where Tribulation is going? Do you sometimes go beyond metal? I think I would have hard time limiting myself to one genre, even if it's as varied as metal.

Reactions: EspaDa
I was quite the sucker for old EU death metal mostly. I still don't say no to occasional spin of Phlebotomized or Lubricant. ;)

I just browsed your last.fm for a moment - do you like where Tribulation is going? Do you sometimes go beyond metal? I think I would have hard time limiting myself to one genre, even if it's as varied as metal.

Tribulation are a great and consistent band. I reckon their music has matured and I have no problem with their gothic leanings. Theyre still enjoyable as hell. I like other genres, but I rarely venture outside guitar music. Sometimes I do listen to some classical music, but then I always return to metal. I've been jamming lots of indie rock lately

Seems pretty good. It sounds more like their older stuff than Redeemer of Souls which I like.

That said, who the fuck decides on the title track before the album is finished?

Just heard about this.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ju...enn-tipton-diagnosed-with-parkinsons-disease/

Ten years ago, JUDAS PRIEST guitarist Glenn Tipton was diagnosed with the onset of the early stages of Parkinson's disease. From then until recently, the 70-year-old musician has lived his life as the great heavy metal guitar player he has always been, maintaining by his own definition a standard of quality and performance that is incredibly important.

Right now, Glenn is able to play and perform some of the PRIEST songs that are less challenging but due to the nature of Parkinson's progression, he wants to let the fans know that he won't be be touring with the band.

True to the metal spirit of "the show must go on," Glenn has requested PRIEST producer and HELL guitarist Andy Sneap to fly the flag on stage for him.

Glenn said: "I want everyone to know that it's vital that the JUDAS PRIEST tour go ahead and that I am not leaving the band — it's simply that my role has changed. I don't rule out the chance to go on stage as and when I feel able to blast out some PRIEST! So at some point in the not-too-distant future, I'm really looking forward to seeing all of our wonderful metal maniacs once again."

Tipton's PRIEST bandmates had this to say: "We have been privileged to witness Glenn's determination and steadfast commitment over the years, showing his passion and self belief through the writing, recording and performing sessions with PRIEST. He is a true metal hero!

"We are not surprised by Glenn's insistence that we complete the 'Firepower' tour and thank Andy for joining us to make Glenn's wishes become real.

"As Glenn has said, we also can't wait to have him with us at any time any place on the road. We love you, Glenn!"

Parkinson's disease is a neurodegenerative disorder, which leads to progressive deterioration of motor function due to loss of dopamine-producing brain cells. As the symptoms worsen, it gets harder to cope with everyday tasks and lead an independent life.

Parkinson's disease affects one in 100 people over age 60. While the average age at onset is 60, people have been diagnosed as young as 18.

The exact cause of Parkinson's disease is unknown, although research points to a combination of genetic and environmental factors.

Pat Torpey, the longtime drummer for rock group MR. BIG, died last week due to complications from Parkinson's disease.

JUDAS PRIEST's new album, "Firepower", will be released on March 9 via Epic. The disc was recorded by Sneap, the band's longtime collaborator Tom Allom and engineer Mike Exeter (BLACK SABBATH). The cover artwork for "Firepower" was created by the Chilean/Italian digital artist and photographer Claudio Bergamin.

The North American leg of the "Firepower" tour will kick off on March 13 in Wilkes Barre, Pennsylvania and will wrap on May 1 in San Antonio, Texas. Support on the trek will come from SAXON and BLACK STAR RIDERS.

Yeah maybe Parkinson's is the reason the riffs are so catchy.

Reactions: CiG
That sucks man, it would be a void show without both K.K. and Glenn. I mean, Ritchie is a great guitarist, but it's not the same without Glenn's sexy guitar playing and leather jeans.

Heard the news about Tipton. Definitely a fucking bummer, but I'm sure the show is going to rip. They absolutely destroyed Maiden when I last saw them, but I do kinda feel like Priest should considering hanging it up fairly soon, despite sounding really great still. Halford really nails it and can still pull of the highs quite well.

Reactions: PrincessHades
Where does it say that the album isn't finished?

I just made an assumption. I don't really look into new albums from old bands until after they come out.

I'm not going to get all hyped up over the upcoming Judas Priest or Iron Maiden release. There are exeptions-I am absolutely pumped for the next Exodus album. When Firepower comes out, I will listen to it and then worry about excitement.