Kamelot at Pearl Room Mokena, IL

Michael TEOF

Master Whorebot
Mar 4, 2002
Schaumburg, IL
www.myspace.com
Greetings fellow bottici:

Kamelot kicked ass, as usual. Great sound; great performance; strongly recommended!

However, they (like all too many awesome bands) suffer from lop sided setlist syndrom. Now don't get me wrong; any Kamelot song is an absolute pleasure to hear live, but I think "Soul Society", "Moonlight", and "Mourning Star" could have been replaced by three songs from Epica and Fourth Legacy. It felt like I was seeing the Black Halo Ghost Opera band or something instead of Kamelot. Kamelot have a rich catalog of awesome songs... and "Moonlight" and "Soul Society" (while good) are certainly not part of that.

Solitaire (intro)
Rule the World
When the Lights are Down
Soul Society
Mourning Star
Abandonded
Moonlight
The Human Stain
Instrumental
Center of the Universe
Momento Mori
The Haunting (Somewhere In Time) w/ Simone Simons :)
Forever

Encore:
Ghost Opera
Love You to Death
Second Encore:
March of Mephisto

Jesus, the set list is getting worse and worse each time I see it. At this point I'm hoping they take out Memento Mori (Which just so happens to be my favorite song) for some other material. The Haunting shouldn't really be played unless Simone is there, which I'm sure isn't possible for most shows.

For someone who has just recently got into Kamelot and only has the last two discs, this was a great set. Are the early discs that much different from the newer stuff that they may want to distance themselves from that sound? Sometimes bands won't play their earlier stuff cuz they are a so much different band now...thoughts?

From what I've heard, Kamelot is a band that mainly plays their newer stuff live. I was quite frankly surprised to hear anything off Fourth Legacy and Epica (though I wasn't complaining :p).

THAT SET LIST IS WRONG!!!! i have the real setlist 2 feet away from me.. i got it off stage after the show... it is

solitaire
rule the world
lights are down
soul society
mourning star
descent of the archangel
abandoned
human stain
instramental
center of the universe
memento mori
keyboard solo
the haunting (with simone)
forever

encore
ghost opera
love you to death
encore #2
march of mephisto

Wonderful, they had to take the one song I was hoping to hear (The Fourth Legacy) out, and leave in the exact same Black Halo songs as last year. I also can't believe they're not only *playing* "Love You To Death", but have now made it an encore. Quite possibly the worst song they've ever done imo. :erk:

THAT SET LIST IS WRONG!!!! i have the real setlist 2 feet away from me.. i got it off stage after the show... it is

solitaire
rule the world
lights are down
soul society
mourning star
descent of the archangel
abandoned
human stain
instramental
center of the universe
memento mori
keyboard solo
the haunting (with simone)
forever

encore
ghost opera
love you to death
encore #2
march of mephisto

Dude, that setlist is basically the same thing as the one I posted. I got one song wrong: "Descent of the Archangel." The song sounds very similar to "Moonlight." They're practically the same song anyway. The chorus is almost identical, both in melodic phrasing and in lyrics... but please forgive my grievous error! :worship: At least I can spell instrumental; unlike Kamelot :) har har.

The Michael

Yes she was. Were you excited? :)

Silly question! The crowd went pretty wild when they turned the light on her.

Was I imagining things, or was the violin faked during the intro?

The singer from Leaves Eyes doing the growlies during March of Mephisto was pretty much a joke since the recorded part was louder than he was. He was off just enough so you could tell it was two voices.

I was completely unimpressed with Leaves Eyes. She's a really good singer, but her vocals lack power. A couple of times right at the end she actually sang instead of that whisper singing crap she was doing the rest of the time. it shocked me. I thought, "THAT'S how she should be singing all the time." The male vocalist was poor IMO, and he only did growlies.

Mindwarp Chamber put on a solid set. Their singer is pretty damn good. I like his sound. They were tight too. Sounded great overall.

Kamelot delivered a great show. Setlist could have been a bit different but oh well. Was hoping for Fourth Legacy. Simone was a nice treat.

Leaves Eyes were awful. I hope never to see them again.

Mindwarp Chamber were really good. I do look forward to seeing them again.

After seeing "One Cold Winter's Night", I would be disappointed if I did NOT hear "Elizabeth", "Nights of Arabia", and "Forever". I have gained more of an appreciation for their old stuff than their current releases.

Wonderful, they had to take the one song I was hoping to hear (The Fourth Legacy) out, and leave in the exact same Black Halo songs as last year. I also can't believe they're not only *playing* "Love You To Death", but have now made it an encore. Quite possibly the worst song they've ever done imo. :erk:
They skipped Love You To Death in Cleveland, probably because Roy was starting to lose his voice. Other than that, it's the same set list. In seeing the set list without being at the show, it seems like a crappy set list, but it flows really well.

After seeing "One Cold Winter's Night", I would be disappointed if I did NOT hear "Elizabeth", "Nights of Arabia", and "Forever". I have gained more of an appreciation for their old stuff than their current releases.

I think every Kamelot show should end with the Elizabeth trilogy

Leaves Eyes were awful. I hope never to see them again.

Did you catch the show listings that they had posted all over the venue. Leaves Eyes are the opening act for two other shows there. One is next month. There was another band that was listed as opening several times on the list. Could it have been Echoes of Eternity?

I think every Kamelot show should end with the Elizabeth trilogy

Did you catch the show listings that they had posted all over the venue. Leaves Eyes are the opening act for two other shows there. One is next month. There was another band that was listed as opening several times on the list. Could it have been Echoes of Eternity?

I believe you are correct on that. Echoes of Eternity are doing a few shows there soon, maybe Edguy??? I found them to be boring and beyond cliche. Mindwarp Chamber should have gotten a longer set. Those guys embodied everything an opening metal act should. And...my ears received them as having big potential in the future. 38, you gonna be at Epica, Edguy, or Therion? And, did you see that After Forever is opening for Overkill? Yikes!

Thanks for the support guys. I dont know when we're going to play our next show, we really have to get our CD done. All the drums and bass tracks are done but we need to get the rest of us recorded. I'll say one thing its always a joy to play in front of true metal heads.

I believe you are correct on that. Echoes of Eternity are doing a few shows there soon, maybe Edguy??? I found them to be boring and beyond cliche. Mindwarp Chamber should have gotten a longer set. Those guys embodied everything an opening metal act should. And...my ears received them as having big potential in the future. 38, you gonna be at Epica, Edguy, or Therion? And, did you see that After Forever is opening for Overkill? Yikes!

Yep, we'll be there for all 3 of those shows. Yeah, I never even heard of Overkill, I was like Huh?