KAMELOT Keyboardist(Oliver Palotai) not taking part in US Tour

J-Man

Old as Yoda
Jan 11, 2005
Texas
I wish he and Simone the best of luck, and he will be missed, had a great time in Tempe last Oct.

Dear Fans & Friends,

this September KAMELOT will bring the SILVERTHORN TOUR 2013 to North America! It will be a big Metal party, with our friends Delain and EKLIPSE.

As many of you know, Simone and I are expecting our first child, who decided to make its entrance in the spotlight right when I wanted to tour with my band, so instead of making this part of the tour, I will be here welcoming our new addition to the Kamelot family!

The good news is: A good friend and fantastic musician will take my place behind the keys - Coen Janssen from EPICA. Since we toured already many times together and he knows the songs by heart he´s without doubt the best choice for the job. I wish him all the best and success; he will have a great time with my band mates from KAMELOT and is a fantastic performer. I will be back on stage for the European Tour in November, with new skills like fast diaper changing, baby rocking or lullaby singing. See you there!

Thanks for your support!!
Oliver Palotai

Though Oliver has become quite an integral part of Kamelot, it's completely understandable that he's taking what really amounts to a short time off to welcome his first child into the world. Congrats to the family!

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Wasn't it due to the birth of Coen's child that Oliver filled in for him on an Epica tour a few years ago? Kind of a 360 moment there. Definitely nice to see bands supporting each other like this.

Already have tickets to the Kamelot/Delain show here in Portland only a week or so after ProgPower.