Kamelot's "Poetry for the Poisoned" Sept. 14th in US

Don't like the art as much as Ghost Opera, which was a Mattias Noren masterpiece. But still interesting.
I'm sure the music will be great. Not that the music is all that important. Just kidding.

ok i have looked at this thread a couple of times in excitement, cause I for one loved Ghost Opera, it took awhile to grow on me, but i love it now. And i guess i just looked over the part where it said that Speed would be on the album. That should be cool.

"'Poetry For The Poisoned' is a mix of progressive elements, modern rock, dark arts and also power metal," states Youngblood. "It comes at a time where many people around the world are searching for something to grab on to spiritually, including myself. I recently lost my mother and to be honest it was very hard on me. So there are some melancholy moods reflected on this album."

I'm wondering what that first sentence means. The way I read it, the music was is a mix of prog, modern rock, and power metal, and they were practicing devil worship while recording it. :p

I guess if you're "searching for something to grab on to spiritually", that's one way you could go.

I'd love to pick it up at PPUSA!

That was the stage backdrop I've seen them with at the summer festivals...it looked pretty cool, but I thought that it was just a variation on the GO art, it doesn't seem terribly different to me. Continuation of a theme perhaps.

Not a big fan of the leprous corpse look. Didn't care for it when Flowing Tears used it a few years back either.

Both covers are actually by the same artist, Seth Siro Anton :) Seems he also designed "The Arrogance of Ignorance" for Oceans of Sadness, among others. I'm not really a fan of the look either (let's say it's not the kind of thing I'd want on a poster :p), but I quite like the PftP cover, it's... effective. :D