Katagory V - Hymns Of Dissension

Krilons Resa

Jerry's married?!
Nov 7, 2002
Inside dorian's gym bag.
So, I'm browsing the UM forum and see the ad on the side of the page for this band's new album.

Remember the first time you heard Fates Warning's Awaken the Guardian or No Exit? Well, be prepared for similar reactions once you pop on the brand new release from Salt Lake City's Katagory V, titled Hymns of Dissension.

So immediately I go :eek: and seek out something to hear. Fuckin' A...if these don;t rock the fuck out!! Kickass Prog Metal.

RiA, you were asking about Prog Metal earlier. Might as well check these fuckers out.

I'm gonna have to buy this shit up.

They're from near me.

Been meaning to go see them, but I have yet to do it. 21+ shows mostly, and I can't get into the venues they play (Club Vegas).

Have one of their albums, can't remember which, but it is pretty cool.

The first 2 Katagory V albums are brilliant, the first one on a more traditional u.s. heavy/power metal path with lots of prog touches and the second one being more developed and complex but with a more dynamic sound as well, playing an ultra rare (today) kind of late 80s u.s. metal. Kinda "ignored" the band's traces after these two, and yes, their other works must be investigated.