Katatonia/ Daylight Dies / Moonspell Dates Confirmed

IceQueen_

A Natural Disaster
Jan 16, 2006
CT
I posted about this tour before, but now, it seems that all dates are announced.

Hope you all will have a chance to see this tour. :loco:

10/20 - The Loft, Poughkeepsie NY
10/21 - Mark's Place, Bedford NH
10/22 - BB Kings Blues Club, New York NY
10/23 - Medley, Montreal QU
10/24 - L'Imperial, Quebec City QU
10/25 - Opera House, Toronto ON
10/26 - Peabody's, Cleveland OH
10/27 - IRock, Detroit MI
10/28 - Pearl Room, Mokena IL
10/29 - Star Central, Columbia Heights MN
10/31 - Lliff Park Saloon, Aurora CO
11/02 - Studio Seven, Seattle WA
11/03 - Rock N Roll Pizza, Portland OR
11/04 - Pound @ Pier 96, San Francisco CA
11/06 - House of Blues, Anaheim CA
11/11 - White Rabbit, San Antonio TX

Hooorayyy this show will be coming to Jaxx. Moonspell for a third time (and this time supporting probably their greatest achievement), and most importantly KATATONIA!! The Great Cold Distance has been kicking my ass nonstop for a few weeks, so this is just PERFECT to have this tour come around in the fall. What a pairing too, considering both of their older more dark black metal influenced beginnings that would evolve into a more mature form of dark gothy doomy metal. This show is going to be an ass kicker. Cheers!

Man, the traveling is gonna be murder. If that bus breaks down, there will be hell to pay. Why do bands schedule EVERY day? I cannot believe that they do not separate (5-1-5-1 etc.). It is little wonder why some bands break down.

Peace,
Ray C.

Stingray11214 said:
Man, the traveling is gonna be murder. If that bus breaks down, there will be hell to pay. Why do bands schedule EVERY day? I cannot believe that they do not separate (5-1-5-1 etc.). It is little wonder why some bands break down.

Peace,
Ray C.

Any off-day during a tour is a day where no money is made.....and yet, the tour-bus is still costing you, plus ya gotta pay the driver, pay for hotel rooms, etc. Even if you don't get hotel rooms for the band, the driver has to have a room.

A decent tour-bus costs a minimum of $3,000/week, and can cost as much as $7,000. Plus gas.

This is why a lot of bands are sharing buses nowadays (Nevermore and Opeth a few years ago, many more bands since).

I am considering going to the BB Kings show for this one. I just reviewed the new Moonspell for www.metalasylum.net and I liked the album a lot. I am definitely interested in seeing them. I am curious to see what Katatonia is about too as I see a lot of people praise them. I had the opportunity to see them two years ago at the BWBK Six Pack Weekend 2 but they headlined after Grave Digger and after Digger's amazing set I did not want to see anything else and left the venue as did many others.

Speaking of Katatonia, can anybody comment on The Great Cold Distance for me? If you're intersted in my perspective on the band, you can read my reviews on www.progpages.com under Michael. I'd appreciate feedback more constructive than "it rocks" or "it sucks." Looking back, I was probably a little hard on the band as, over time, their album Viva Emptiness has gotten better and better. I still don't care for the other three albums I have by them (DDS, BMD, and LFDGD), but if the new one has that amazing ability to be both incredibly melodic and earth shatteringly depressing at the same time that Viva Emptiness had, I'll be very pleased with it.

The Michael