Key Words

masterworks

Mar 26, 2009
Frederick, md
How many times do key words affect your buying trend?
When a review says this or that is just like Riverside, or Porcupine Tree, does the light bulb go off, and you add to cart?

once upon a time ago, "I" bought lps for the album cover; or who guested on the recording.

If I see in a review that a new band/album is similar to others I already like, it certainly gets my attention, but I always do some more thorough investigation before I buy. I've got too long a history of impulse buys I wound up less than happy with in the end.

If I see in a review that a new band/album is similar to others I already like, it certainly gets my attention, but I always do some more thorough investigation before I buy. I've got too long a history of impulse buys I wound up less than happy with in the end.

Well said TC! :kickass::)

No Doubt...I have tons of Prog. cds I spun once or only got half way thu it & Didnt care for them..... Sometimes I feel that by saying its simular to other artists is a selling tool to buy them......But I have OCD & Attention Deffasite, that I have to by it because I might have all of an artist cds allready & its a automatic purchase... & I get Burned... I stay away from ""Buy or Die'', because thats just A one persons opinion,,,, & that has bit me in the butt many times in the past,,,,,,,,:)

How many times do key words affect your buying trend?
When a review says this or that is just like Riverside, or Porcupine Tree, does the light bulb go off, and you add to cart?

once upon a time ago, "I" bought lps for the album cover; or who guested on the recording.

It didnt matter back then, Because when a new Sabbath or Zepplin lp was out you knew what you were getting..To me IMO prog can variey from one release to a:loco::headbang:nother....

I'll second that! Although, I've been pretty lucky with impulse buys. I do appreciate and pay attention to what folks on the forum have to say. :headbang:

I've had some good luck too, although there's still many CDs I spun once or lost interest in and stuck in a drawer, although I'm rediscovering some things again. Its a good way to add to the collection without spending more money. ;)

And I just ordered the new RPWL and Gazpacho, and The RPWL Experience. Hope they prove to be worth it. :rolleyes:

I've had some good luck too, although there's still many CDs I spun once or lost interest in and stuck in a drawer, although I'm rediscovering some things again. Its a good way to add to the collection without spending more money. ;)

And I just ordered the new RPWL and Gazpacho, and The RPWL Experience. Hope they prove to be worth it. :rolleyes:

Im sure RPWL will wet your Whistle....Gazpacho too:headbang::kickass: ..I ordered both myself yesterday.

( Not sure but I think Sal likes Gazpacho)