Kiko Loureiro is the new Megadeth guitarist?

sounds like just rumors at this point...like several others we've heard in the past few months. I'll wait until the band makes an official announcement...

sounds like just rumors at this point...like several others we've heard in the past few months. I'll wait until the band makes an official announcement...

Regardless, I would never in a million years expect to hear Kiko's name associated with this.

Let me check the calendar......

Crap.

It's April 3, not April 1.

This I just do not get. Main concern is what this does to Angra, right after they put out a VERY strong album..... Heck, will he be playing ProgPower, or will it be Rafeal Bittencourt and the current session players known as Angra?

Let me check the calendar......

Crap.

It's April 3, not April 1.

This I just do not get. Main concern is what this does to Angra, right after they put out a VERY strong album..... Heck, will he be playing ProgPower, or will it be Rafeal Bittencourt and the current session players known as Angra?

Says ANGRA guitarist Rafael Bittencourt:

"Regarding the works with ANGRA, I believe he will comply with all activities that he has already committed to and he will always be part of our family. He will definitively not be able to turn his back for something he helped build with so much effort. I'm sure we will still make a lot together, either in or out of ANGRA.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ne...t-of-his-angra-bandmates/#Kjf6VHECtX4VrHGY.99

Well you may be interested.
But that's what many said when Broaderick joined also and that didn't end up being the case.

And Endgame was the best Megadeth album since Friedman was in the band.

I think this first Kiko era album will be a monster, but I think as time goes on and Dave starts micro-managing the band again, the output will become weaker and weaker. That seems to be Megadeth's MO.

But I do believe we will get at least 1 killer album out of this...

And Endgame was the best Megadeth album since Friedman was in the band.

I think this first Kiko era album will be a monster, but I think as time goes on and Dave starts micro-managing the band again, the output will become weaker and weaker. That seems to be Megadeth's MO.

But I do believe we will get at least 1 killer album out of this...

From what I understand, the album is already completely written, so I would think Kiko's input on this will be pretty minimal.