Killswitch Engage?

LuminousAether said:
KSE are about 5% hardcore, 95% metal. In fact, the only thing hardcore about them is the theme of their lyrics, which is relatively miniscule compared to MUSIC WHICH IS WHAT DEFINES GENRES.

I saw KSE live 2 times, and there is no fucking way you can tell me they are ever 5% metal. They are 100% hardcore.

And on top of that they suck. I realy hated watching them.

Hatebreed are metalcore. They are about 50% metal / 50% hardcore.

Hardcore is a style of punk. As soon as the guitars play in that Swedish melododeath style, the band ceases to be hardcore and becomes metalcore, a style of metal.

KSE are not metalcore. I have seen them live, along with Shadows Fall, and I would definitely compare these bands to each other. Neither are hardcore OR nu metal, yet they get called as such by completely ignorant metalheads (a word which should be synonymous with moron) who claim that any metal band that they don't like is nu metal.

KSE is mostly melodic death with thrash and hardcore influence.
Shadows Fall is thrash with death and hardcore influences.

LuminousAether said:
Solos are so overdone, it's about time metal bands don't have solos.
Maybe metal should get rid of double bass drumming or maybe distorted guitars. Solo's are what separates us from the apes (that and the opposible thumb). Seriousely, Solos are a good thing, they should be with metal forever, I don't want to hear any more poser talk from you man.

What the fuck? Is everyone a poser that disagrees with you? I agree that solos are good, but that's personal preference. You can't rightfully enforce an opinion onto someone else.