King Diamond re-issues

I haven't bought the remasters yet, but I did check them out via download. Spider's Lullabye has improved sound, so I may purchase it soon. Spider's Lullabye always suffered from low volume, and not enough thump. Those problems are somewhat fixed, but still it's not really a production that appeals to me. I can't really tell a huge difference in The Graveyard production yet .. got to listen to it again.

As for Voodoo .. don't see any reason to remaster that disc. That is one of his better produced discs IMO.

Britt

I haven't bought the remasters yet, but I did check them out via download. Spider's Lullabye has improved sound, so I may purchase it soon. Spider's Lullabye always suffered from low volume, and not enough thump. Those problems are somewhat fixed, but still it's not really a production that appeals to me. I can't really tell a huge difference in The Graveyard production yet .. got to listen to it again.

As for Voodoo .. don't see any reason to remaster that disc. That is one of his better produced discs IMO.

Britt

I own all of King's most recent stuff and his 80's catalog. With that said, I've ignored most of the albums he put out in the 90's. Since LaRocque is remastering these, it gives me a good excuse to buy them. Voodoo is the one I'm most looking forward to. Overall, do you like that album?

~Brian~

Voodoo is the one I'm most looking forward to. Overall, do you like that album?

~Brian~

Voodoo is definately my favorite 90's KD, and is still a disc I listen to quite a bit. It reminds me more of KD's glory years of Abigail, Them, and Conspiracy than any of the other discs since. The production of the original is much punchier than his other discs since that era.

King's still had the full range vocals going on as well. I prefer that style to the more recently restrained he uses. The story concept is also quite good.

If I was to rank KD discs I'd probably go with a top 5 of ... Them, Abigail, Conspiracy, Voodoo, and Puppet Master.

If there is any negative to Voodoo it's that it lulls a bit toward the end with some spoken word/story telling segments. The first 2/3 of the disc is excellent .. the rest .. good.

Britt

Voodoo is definately my favorite 90's KD, and is still a disc I listen to quite a bit. It reminds me more of KD's glory years of Abigail, Them, and Conspiracy than any of the other discs since. The production of the original is much punchier than his other discs since that era.

King's still had the full range vocals going on as well. I prefer that style to the more recently restrained he uses. The story concept is also quite good.

If I was to rank KD discs I'd probably go with a top 5 of ... Them, Abigail, Conspiracy, Voodoo, and Puppet Master.

If there is any negative to Voodoo it's that it lulls a bit toward the end with some spoken word/story telling segments. The first 2/3 of the disc is excellent .. the rest .. good.

Britt

Thanks, I'm looking forward to getting the remaster.

~Brian~