Korn Dubstep

The single they did with Skrillex was awesome, and I hate Korn so that says alot. I am definitely digging this. But I am a huge dubstep fan.

301055_2410245251484_1111810539_32899461_1737274955_n.jpg

The single they did with Skrillex was awesome, and I hate Korn so that says alot. I am definitely digging this. But I am a huge dubstep fan.

Agree I like it a lot. Its like not much if any nu metal, rap or Korns usual sound. I thought the vocals are very much in vein with european melodic and power metal. Really liking the dubstep influence. Makes it sound different and more unique, something fresh even.

Yeah, I'm really looking forward to this album as well. I'm just afraid it's gonna be too Christmasy since I guess only Christmas albums are released in December lol.

Anyways, for those too lazy to find the other song mentioned in this thread, here is it:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. I haven't a clue how to respond to such a post. I think its rather comical how a majority of your posts end with some sort of short insult. In the words of Chris Berman, "C'Mon Man".

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/ne...um-The-Path-Of-Totality-December-6-23467.aspx

Looks like December 6th to me...

The site in the OP said Oct 23 or whatever. But you're a troll because you're trying to stir irreverent shit up in a thread that has nothing to do with it, fishing for an argument. 0/10.

But to indulge your trollbait, I never said that NO records come out in December. It's ONE record, and not just any record, but a huge one with huge expectations. In December, the VAST majority of the charts are taken up by Christmas albums and most metal labels don't want to compete with those sales + they themselves go away for holiday (especially in Europe, where many metal labels are based). Don't believe me? See for yourself, look at the release schedule of most labels. Pretty much nothing after November. On Metal Blade's site alone, they have nothing listed for even after October. It's a fact of the industry.

Nah. Not for me. Might have to excuse myself from this one. KoRn is bad enough, but when I hear "drum and bass" I can only think of those guys with ridiculous stereo systems in their gaudy SUVs...the ones you can hear from miles away just "thumping". Meh. If I want bass I'll just listen to Electric Wizard or something.

I am not a huge fan of electronic music at all, but do like some electronics in my music like Sybreed and Mnemic. I am a casual fan of Korn but am really liking this new single a lot.

On the subject of electronic music: Daniel from Voyager mentioned the band Infected Mushroom in his interview for the PPUSA program. Local record store carries them. One album called them "progressive psytrance". The genre intrigues me. But I didn't pick it up (yet).