LABYRINTH - New cover art posted online...

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
LABYRINTH fans can check out the artwork for the band's upcoming album, Freeman, at this location. Prepare to be surprised, as it's unlike anything the band has offered before.

As previously reported, Freeman will be releaseed on March 4th through Arise Records. Th etrack list is as follows: 'L.Y.A.F.H.', 'Deserter', 'Dive In Open Waters', 'Freeman', 'M3', 'Face And Pay', 'Malcolm Grey', 'Nothing New', 'Infidels', 'Meanings'.
-------------

That is an interesting cover to say the least. Something I did not expect.

Yes, it seems Labyrinth is changing their direction slowly but surely. I am hoping the new record will have a lot electronic elements - by the cover artwork and fonts used, I am thinking there may very well be! :)

dargormudshark said:
Power Metal with crappy solos...I personally think should get Olaf THorsen back, but by the looks of new album cover they are changing their souns so I am looking forward to hearing it.
i think the solos are ok but the production made them sound even weaker than what they were!By the way they have a new guitarist pier gonella ,he surely is not as good as olaf but he can shred too :)

I have their latest album - the ST I believe.

Personally, I thought it pretty much sucked. Production was weak - I've heard debuts from band's from 1997 sound better. There were maybe two strong moments on the album. Maybe change will do them good, cause I thought it was just a bad album.

I think it's an Italian thing really. It seems like lots of Italian bands have crappy production. It's like the studios can't do metal well or something. Exceptions being Rhapsody - and possibly Secret Sphere. Though I think Secret Sphere fits more Hard Rock then metal.

Much different opinions of Labyrinth than I expected.

I really dug the change they made with the self-titled album. It wasn't as heavy as when Olaf was with them, but, I get to hear some incredible songwriting on this album. Great melodies, great ideas, great sounds. Lighter, yes. Kickass, still yes!

The way I see it, I'm glad Olaf started up Vision Divine, cuz I absolutely love their latest album, and at the same time, I'm glad Labyrinth gets to do their thing and continue in the direction they, as a whole, want to travel. I'm sure this next album will have some really original thinking and experimental sounds on it. My attention is peaked with this album cover, that's for sure!

In my opinion, Im personally glad that olaf is no longer in Labyrinth...they werent really growing musically at all...people just wanted the same shit over and over again. I dont want a remake model of RTHD, I want something more and Labyrinth is expanding more into a stronger sound.

Sure the last album didnt make as huge of a splash as hoped, but I think this new one will be a real difference from even the last change....especially becuase now they have Pier that is helping with the writing as well. Hopefully Pier wont be another Olaf...Im hoping he will add his own flair becuase he's an amazing guitar player.

But at the same time...Olaf's last project was pretty good for VD, it was defintly VD's best and it went back to the first VD album's roots with more of a Labyrinth's No Limits flair. Losing Mcpauls was VD's bad point in my opinion...but the drummer they picked up that replaced Mat is really good and the singer sounds very similar to Fabio, but stronger in emotion my opinion.

Daybreaker said:
You know Im expecting alot from this release, but that is one shirt design I will not wear.

Ben
Defintly has the crazy man quality...you should have seen the pictures labyrinth took as a band...they are goofy! LOL. But I like the cover...its different..and I hope it will be a good different. We will find out in March.

Also Secret Sphere is also putting out a new album in the next few months......I heard it was going to be more aggressive and powerful and stuff. So Im guessing it wont be a repeat of their last album. So we will see whats going on with that...I hope its got more keyboard in it this time.

IceDragonX said:
In my opinion, Im personally glad that olaf is no longer in Labyrinth...they werent really growing musically at all...people just wanted the same shit over and over again. I dont want a remake model of RTHD, I want something more and Labyrinth is expanding more into a stronger sound.

Sure the last album didnt make as huge of a splash as hoped, but I think this new one will be a real difference from even the last change....especially becuase now they have Pier that is helping with the writing as well. Hopefully Pier wont be another Olaf...Im hoping he will add his own flair becuase he's an amazing guitar player.

But at the same time...Olaf's last project was pretty good for VD, it was defintly VD's best and it went back to the first VD album's roots with more of a Labyrinth's No Limits flair. Losing Mcpauls was VD's bad point in my opinion...but the drummer they picked up that replaced Mat is really good and the singer sounds very similar to Fabio, but stronger in emotion my opinion.

I agree 100%

I wholeheartedly disagree with the above as Olaf leaving Labyrinth was the demise of this once great band. Plain and simple, Olaf was Labyrinth and they will never be the same without him (the S/T album is clear evidence of that.) Thank God he continued on with Vision Divine as their latest is truly incredible. I will not give up on Labyrinth just yet, but was not thrilled with their last release. I'll give them one more chance although if the cover is any indication of what is to come, I must say I am a bit skeptical to say the least.

I'm gonna get burned for this one, but I actually like the new singer for Vision Divine better than Fabio. I dunno why. I dunno if it's the tonality of his voice, the way he sings, his range, or whatever... but I really dig this guy a lot! I won't rag Fabio too much, cuz his work was pretty good. I just really grabbed on to the sound of this new guy.