Last Chance to Reason

lane_miller

Space Ghost
Aug 31, 2008
Near Raleigh, NC
I just ran across these guys and instantly ordered their album. Last Chance to Reason is from Maine. They have a unque progressive metal sound and they are very accomplished musicians. Check them out:

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a really good catch, Lane. I like this tune, but the singer is completely overmatched by the musicianship of the rest of the band, he doesn't really fit, at least on this track. I checked out another of their vids and it had a bunch of emo-screamo from a previous album. Curious as to where this new one goes. Sacred Mother Tougue had growls before their new album and the new one has none. I'll keep an ear out for this and thanks for the tip.

AS introduced me to these guys in the song of the week thread a couple or three weeks back. They're definitely on my buy-list now.

Their debut, Level 1, I released back in 2007 is still proggy but more like Between The Buried & Me and no clean vocals. Just to let everyone know what you are getting into. Level 2 and 3 are both amazing albums and have both screaming and singing.

Level 2 was easily one of my favorite albums they year it came out. It has some great prog touches and reminds me of Rage for Order in many spots, Having said that, it does go into screamo territory and has much of a "core" sound than I like. But I think the songwriting and innovation let me overlook those things pretty easily.

Been a fan of this band for a few years now. The latest album Level 3 is blowing my mind at the moment, contender for album of the year

Level 2 was easily one of my favorite albums they year it came out. It has some great prog touches and reminds me of Rage for Order in many spots, Having said that, it does go into screamo territory and has much of a "core" sound than I like. But I think the songwriting and innovation let me overlook those things pretty easily.

they started in the hardcore scene and have been branching out ever since, hence the breakdowns.