Last Minute Advice

and some friendly advice from a long-time attendee: pack your Zicam (or reasonable facsimile thereof) to help stave off the potential threat of catching someone else's cold or flu. Hundreds of people will be packed into places for 3-4 days, handling the same cds, shaking hands, buying one another drinks, etc. Also, bring a tiny bottle of hand sanitizer and use it throughout the weekend. This really does help.

If you don't want to miss anything by stepping out for dinner, bring a few granola bars or energy bars to get you though the evenings. And drink plenty of water throughout the weekend.

And please - as Glenn mentioned - pace yourself. This is a spectacle you don't want to miss a minute of... especially those once in a lifetime Evergrey and Therion sets. Not to mention the rare appearance by Sanctuary! Save some energy for those sets! You will thank yourself when it's all over.

Most importantly, stay safe on your journey here and home again. We all want to see you again next year! \m/

~Hoyt.

I will second that "PACE" is a huge word. I like to say "ProgPower is not a sprint, it's a marathon"

Another word of advice is that for the people that drive and may park close, pack some snacks in a cooler or something. Not trying to take money from anyone, but A cooler of water and snacks goes a long way...

and help the Noobs....direct them, advice them.....we were all there once.....

C-Ya all soon

alan

You never pace yourself hehehehehe!

He has his own pace.

Totally agree with Rider of Theli. I started taking zinc today and will through out the fest. It really does help not catching the PP-flu or whatever it's called.

Drinking water and avoiding going for extended periods without food is critical imo. I always make sure I eat a big lunch and grab snack through out the night.

Are you telling me that people where bitching about how long the announcement video was? To be honest, it is almost like Christmas to get to hear that video! Ohhh, what will Uncle Glenn get us for next year??!!??

Oh yeah, I friggan getting so STOKED for this.

Also to add -with the food and snacks thing. It really does help to sneak in a couple of breakfast/cereal/granola/protein bars. Hell, even say a Snickers bar would be enough to get you through if you must. I hope they have the water jugs placed about like they did last year. That was a friggan godsend, especially considering how friggan HOT it got in that place Saturday night last year.

I love how brutally honest Glenn is about...everything. Can't wait to be back in your casa, sir. Hoping like hell that there's s fatty size shirt for me on Thursday afternoon.

Mints or whatever for sore throats. I know my first year (X) I was talking a lot and my voice according to a guy was a 4 out of 10.. it was pagan's mind night but I forget what day that was. I can't really project my voice in the first place.. but I dunno if that plays into my voice condition or w/e.

But even if will call opens early, there is only one line for entrance, right? So I can get my tickets, but still would have to be early to enter the place.....

Totally agree with the *pacing*, the comfy shoes, bringing snacks, and drinking water. And speaking of drinking water, here are a couple of essential packing items:

1. $1 bills in case the restroom lady is on duty.

2. Travel size toilet paper and seat covers in case the restroom lady *isn't* on duty! :ill: :lol:

Totally agree with the *pacing*, the comfy shoes, bringing snacks, and drinking water. And speaking of drinking water, here are a couple of essential packing items:

1. $1 bills in case the restroom lady is on duty.

2. Travel size toilet paper and seat covers in case the restroom lady *isn't* on duty! :ill: :lol:

Good advice! I had forgotten about the restroom attendants!

I liked it last year when they had those huge water jugs at the bar. I hope they do it again! Drink PLENTY of water!

Word of advice from the driver:

Don't block the loading dock while standing in line, or just hanging out. I don't get the luxury of backing in, which means I can't see you (promise to take a picture of my rearview this year). It also makes the working locals happy because they need to get out, too.