Latest CD you bought...

That reminds me I got Helloween Keeper of the Seven Keys pt2 on vinyl recently :headbang:

Ravenhead? Yeah I've heard it. What did you think Steve?

Well Dom....I'd heard OO being described as the "future of power metal". I sat down and listened to the whole album last night and I found it very samey and ponderous overall. Maybe, like Sabaton, I'm just missing the point?

Well Dom....I'd heard OO being described as the "future of power metal". I sat down and listened to the whole album last night and I found it very samey and ponderous overall. Maybe, like Sabaton, I'm just missing the point?
I liked Ravenhead ok, but it wasn't as good as their previous material IMO. To the End is my favorite of theirs and I think most view the other two records as fitting that description of "the future of power metal". I can't speak for most, but I love those records and I can't wait to hear more material from the in the future.

I also need to hear the new Angra as well. Been putting it off for far too long.

Nightwish - Endless Forms Most Beautiful
Kamelot - Haven
Cain's Offering - Stormcrow (pre-ordered)

You'll probably get your copy before I will Steve... post your thoughts! Would love to read them!

Ayreon - Actual Fantasy (Revisited)
Wuthering Heights - The Shadow Cabinet

Mine just shipped a couple hours ago and will be here tomorrow. Sucks I won't be able to hear it til late in the evening!

Couldn't have said it better Steve! Got my copy at home, I've heard half at work today (thanks to Spotify) and I'm floored. Saccharine melodies, crisp production, high energy music!

hahaha! I'll admit I've been a bit grumpy in recent times when it comes to music.....hell, when it comes to most things lol! Call it a mid-life crisis if you will ;-)

On the upside....I've had a rather significant Epiphany recently.......which has to to be good for everyone lol!

My only complaint about it is that the lyrics are really maudlin and whiny, something that was present on the first album. It's like get a grip and put down the booze, Jani! Other than that, stellar.

Eclipse - Armageddonize (LP) - cracking album, sounds even better through the record player!
Cain's Offering - StormCrow - enjoying it so far :)
Eden's Curse - Live With The Curse - one of my favourite live albums n a while. Brilliant!

Saw that some select albums on the Nuclear Blast label are being sold at £6.99 or less on Amazon.co.uk and bought the following, all £6.99 each:

Accept - Blind Rage (CD+Blu-Ray)

Enslaved - In Times (Digipack)

Battle Beast - Unholy Saviour

Panzer - Send Them All to Hell

Black Star Riders - All Hell Breaks Loose (Special Edition)

A few recently:

Muse - Drones

Luca Turilli's Rhapsody - Prometheus

Wind Rose - Wardens of the West Wind

Helloween - My God Given Right

Queensryche - Operation Mindcrime

Kamelot - Haven

Cain's Offering - Stormcrow

Blackwelder - Survival of the Fittest

Evil Invaders - Pulses of Pleasure

Magic Kingdom - Savage Requiem

Judicator - At the Expense of Humanity