Least favourite song from Iconoclast

What's your least favourite song from Iconoclast?

• Iconoclast

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • The End of Innocence

• Dehumanized

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Bastards of the Machine

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Heretic

Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Children of a Faceless God

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • When All Is Lost

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Electric Messiah

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Prometheus (I Am Alive)

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • Light up the Night

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • The Lord of Chaos

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Reign in Madness

• Total voters
I don't understand the hate for Lords of Chaos, it's nicely groovy, has a good chorus and great solo. I definitely prefer it to End of Innocence, which I picked as my least favorite. It's too straightforward and quick to get boring with repeated listens. I'm pretty sick of it by now, not to mention that it gave me a not so great idea about the album when it was released. So yeah fuck that song.

I've yet to find a song on this album that I skip over when I listen to it.

Electric Messiah for me. Every time. I have yet to find a single part of that song that is worth listening to. Average riffs, mediocre chorus, okay solo. Hello Lords of Chaos - you fill the void Messiah leaves, I'll just listen to you twice :)

sweet. all you haters can go take a piss while i rock out and have an easier time getting right next to the front of the stage for the rest of the show ;)

oh and savage curtain would be fine with me

I don't dislike any songs on this album.........I think they're all great. I should also point out that there is no Symphony X song that I dislike starting with Damnation Game. I've only listened to the first album like 3 times, so I can't make an opinion about it.

the first whole 2 minutes worth of lyrics of that song is cringe worthy, but its easy to shut out. It gets better after that.

No, I'm not a hater. Just curious. :)

Mine is Heretic, I really don't get that one... The chorus is just shit and I dislike the vocals.

I like Heretic a lot more than Children of a Faceless God. I dont even like the title of that song to be honest. Everything else is really good.

I don't get all the hate for the first few minutes of WAIL. Sure, the lyrics aren't among the band's best, but it's not terrible or anything. I think the part fits the song wonderfully, and Russ sounds better here than at any other point on the album.

I don't get all the hate for the first few minutes of WAIL. Sure, the lyrics aren't among the band's best, but it's not terrible or anything. I think the part fits the song wonderfully, and Russ sounds better here than at any other point on the album.

I agree with this. I tend to zone out most lyrics in songs (not just symphony x) and turn them into another melody track. So in that regards I have nothing against WAIL; plus I like the piano intro since it's a nice minute break from all the heavy guitars and growling. Also, the bridge that kicks in at 2:02 is pretty awesome.

I almost never pay attention to lyrics either, and perceive vocals as just a melody as well.
I've just recently attempted to pay closer attention to lyrics because they can elevate a song to even greater heights.

I think I exist in a minority of Symphony X fans: the first thing I listen for is the vocals. If I don't like the vocals or lyrics, but the song has amazing guitar/keyboard/bass/drum work...chances are I won't be listening to that song much.

As long as the lyrics aren't about pimpin, doing drugs (Exception being Devin Townsend Project), my love for my truck, or living in the south, they generally don't bother me. I am, however, extremely picky about vocalists, so when it comes to one i like I generally overlook the cheesiness in the lyrics themselves.

I am, however, extremely picky about vocalists, so when it comes to one i like I generally overlook the cheesiness in the lyrics themselves.

Yes, I agree. Russell's voice is amazing, almost regardless of what he is singing about. I'd prefer deeper lyrics, but if I'm looking for something deep I generally am not trying to find it in lyrics to music anyway. If you want something intellectual or deep, read a book or an essay or watch a great visual production.