Lee Jackson GP1000 exchange

aimfailz

Dec 2, 2011
Hi guys, i got 1 question.
I got offer to change my line6 spider4 120w to pre-amp lee jackson gp1000.
Is it a good exchange for me ,if this guy pay me +50$ to this exchange.
I need quick reply, good help will be appreciate :)
BTW. if you think is good ex-change what power-amp should be good to this pre-amp.

It's a fair deal. The line6 is around 400€, or? Most of those guys which bought a gp-1000 paid a lot more than 400€. But keep in mind that you need a power-amp + a cab for the gp-1000. so a vht 2-50-2 for example, is really expensive. I think almost 1000€? Correct me if I'm wrong. Pkus cab for around 300-400€

Thanks Arcane, its good advice from you. Is ADA B200S power amp 200W good? IT cost 300 euro about. I dont need a very expensive power amp. for example my friend bought marshall power amp for about 300-350 euro and it sounds very good ,like in good 80's heavy songs

I'm not really experienced regarding power amps so either you read the COB gear thread in the sticky section (where a lot of guys asked the same question) or you'll wait until somebody else will give you a better answer. I think rune and predator2353 have a lot more knowledge than me

Ok fine ;).
So could any1 else tell me what power-amp should i buy? Maybe Rocktron Velocity 300 Power amp ?

If you get the Jackson Lee GP-1000 you would need either a combo that have effects loop in (use the combo as both the poweramp and the speaker, remember that it needs to be around 75 watts because if it is less the preamp will probably either destroy the output transformer of the combo or the speaker.) Or you could get any power amp you want, just remember that if you get a power amp you have to get a speaker or a cabinet that matches it's wattage and ohm resistors. So getting a ADA B200S basically says that you need a cabinet that could handle more than 200W. And I don't know any 2x12 that has more than 200w in mono or stereo, so you would have to buy a huge 4x12 cabinet which at least costs $300.

So unless you've got a lot of money and really want a less versatile setup, that won't give you the exact bodom tone even with a lot of gainboost and a couple of effects then go ahead.

Ok fine ;).
So could any1 else tell me what power-amp should i buy? Maybe Rocktron Velocity 300 Power amp ?

The Rocktron Velocity 300 wasn't used by Alexi, the 250 version was. And the 300 new version even thought it very versatile has a lot of issues with malfunctioning channels and the cooling fan stops working at 50% of the new versions. I've got the unit, and I've learn all of this the hard way. Get the old US version or just get a tube power amp like the Peavey 50 50, which doesn't have a lot of wattage and can change between all the regular ohm versions.

Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of you guys. I play guitar for 11 years now and started playing my first instrument (piano) back in 1988 but I know shit about pre-amps, power-amps, cabs, electronics, pedals and music theory. All I know is how a guitar works and that there are more than 5 different pickups more than 2 different tremolo. But at least I know how to play that fucking guitar :)

I'm not fancy getting COB tone, fine its really good tone but i dont want to be a "copy cat" or sth like that;)( i play few COB songs but just 4 fun).
But im looking for advices which could help me and find out about this all stuff.
The sound of Lee Jackson is really good for my band and that's why im going to get it in my rig (next year im going to get custom made Ran guitar)
Thanks Rune ;) I'll look for other power-amp then, like this peavey 50/50 :)
Still looking for advices if somebody could have one ;)?

Yeah, Im officially the new owner of Lee Jackson GP1000 :)
Next week i'll buy Peavey classic 50/50 power amp. And after 3-4months i'll get new cab - jcm800 :D

So do you can wait 4 months to try the setup?
:p well come to think of it, mitch (-warheart-) managed to use the gp-1000 as a "pedal" in front of a 10 watts practice amp at low volumes. Would imagine it would blow the speaker at high volumes after a while! :p

lol, i'll try to use it in my brothers Warwick sweet 15.2 amplifier :D It's bass amp ,but i'll try :D
How he did it? how he combined the cable ?
sry for my bad english

I'm not really experienced regarding power amps so either you read the COB gear thread in the sticky section (where a lot of guys asked the same question) or you'll wait until somebody else will give you a better answer. I think rune and predator2353 have a lot more knowledge than me

Thanks for the credit, Arcane! But in reality I can only engineer those things, I don't know what sound they have in reality or what prices people put on them. I can perhaps check the parts and sum up which item holds the most expensive parts, but that's about it. Overall I agree with you, I think that this swap could be worth it.

So i'm after a mini test on bass amp and i say - it sucks :D ( with this amp of course). I played yesterday on this guy stuffs and this pre-amp is beast :D

Sometimes I'm a bit jealous of you guys. I play guitar for 11 years now and started playing my first instrument (piano) back in 1988 but I know shit about pre-amps, power-amps, cabs, electronics, pedals and music theory. All I know is how a guitar works and that there are more than 5 different pickups more than 2 different tremolo. But at least I know how to play that fucking guitar :)

Sounds like me. I just buy a guitar and amp, and adjust the settings until I get the sound I like and that's it, I barely know what "pre-amp" means. The important part is to know how to play. I guess I'm decent at that, but it's well enough for the bands I play in.

trolololooo. i'll try to record new test tomorrow and fix this microphone at last :D Luckily i hear something on my headphones. lol.
Sry Predator, as you can see im new here :p