using the lee jackson gp1000 as a distortion pedal

nunofrg

Dec 23, 2009
hi

this is just curiosity but i read that alexi often uses the lee jackson as a distortion pedal over good tube amps like marshall and stuff. my question is how the hell is that done? i can manage to use the lee jackson as a pre amp of a amp head so use the power amp section of it only, but i doubt thats what they call "act as a distortion pedal" and what they´re talking about

thanks ;)

Alexi uses the Lee Jackson as a pre-amp and SLAVES the marshalls or whatever he uses. (*your called thing "over good tube amps like marshall and stuff) and its excatly same thing you have done (If Im not wrong...) :-D
somebody can correct me if Im wrong!

I havent heard of that "distortion pedal thing"? any links? :eek:

I'm thinking of buying the GP1000 reissue and was wondering the same thing. So does the gain boost make it possible to have enough distortion with GP1000? At least I could reduce the distortion on my old amp a lot after I bolted in the EMG ALX gain boost thing. Although I don't know so much about these things and the other option I was thinking is to just get Line6 Pod X3. Anybody have any suggestions?

I'm thinking of buying the GP1000 reissue and was wondering the same thing. So does the gain boost make it possible to have enough distortion with GP1000? At least I could reduce the distortion on my old amp a lot after I bolted in the EMG ALX gain boost thing. Although I don't know so much about these things and the other option I was thinking is to just get Line6 Pod X3. Anybody have any suggestions?

Definetely get the GP-1000 over the pod. You could run the gp-1000 in the loop of your old amp or you could get a power amp. With the gain boost theres more than enough distortion!

Definetely get the GP-1000 over the pod. You could run the gp-1000 in the loop of your old amp or you could get a power amp. With the gain boost theres more than enough distortion!

wtf? inever thought about that. can i connect my lee jackson gp1000 to my pod hd 300 and use/hear it on the headphones, for home playing? so basically the pod hd will do as power amp and cab simulating (i know pod hd300 has no power amp, but i can play it with headphones cant i?)

can i connect my lee jackson gp1000 to my pod hd 300 and use/hear it on the headphones, for home playing? so basically the pod hd will do as power amp and cab simulating (i know pod hd300 has no power amp, but i can play it with headphones cant i?)

That sounds fucking senseless! why the hell would you wanna connect gp1000 to a multieffect pedal and listen it with headphones? :eek:
I bet It'll sound like shit ! (If its even possible at all!)

my imagination is too narrow to even think about something like that :-D

That sounds fucking senseless! why the hell would you wanna connect gp1000 to a multieffect pedal and listen it with headphones? :eek:
I bet It'll sound like shit ! (If its even possible at all!)

my imagination is too narrow to even think about something like that :-D

have you ever connected a pre amp to a amp to use its power amp (if you even know what that is)? well thats exactly what im doing with the pod and it sounds very very good actually. the pod is more than a multi effects processor, its an amp simulator as well, so it can simulate cabs and power amps. what doesnt make sense in this to you?

You don't know much about effects processors, or? I tried 3 different kinds of PODs which all had a great tone so plz stop saying something's shit when you don't know shit about it.

:lol:
aw man shut up. its sound is shit IMO. I prefer the sound of real guitar amps. Anyway, if you only use that stuff in your bedroom I see its right to exist.

:lol:
aw man shut up. its sound is shit IMO. I prefer the sound of real guitar amps. Anyway, if you only use that stuff in your bedroom I see its right to exist.

aghr i bet everyone here prefers a real amp instead of the pod.... the question is how many digital amp simulators are there that are so good and realistic to the pod except of course of the axe fx? what the hell do you use for home practise for you to say so certain that the pod sounds shit? a triple rectifier head with a 4x12 cab? for home practising the pod is great and sure it is for home playing thats why im using headphones, but the other dude thinks its "fucking senseless" at the point his "imagination is too narrow to even think about something like that". lol

I don't play metal and don't use a lot of gain so I use a Fender Blues Junior in my room and for quick ideas that shitty toneport (yeah the pod hd wins the battle between those two of course) but I would never use it for serious playing. That's just my taste when it comes to guitar sounds, but maybe I'm a bit spoiled because I'm able to crank that bitch without annoying the neighbours.
I too don't get whats wrong with playing with headphones on.

for home practising the pod is great and sure it is for home playing thats why im using headphones, but the other dude thinks its "fucking senseless" at the point his "imagination is too narrow to even think about something like that". lol

Of course its good for practicin etc. Its not about the pod!
I meant that why the fuck would you like to connect gp-1000 to it?
That shouldn't sound good, at least you get better tones from the pod itself.

Dont judge me, Im just guessing here! Try it if u think it will sound good!

(and yes sir I know what power amp is...)

Of course its good for practicin etc. Its not about the pod!
I meant that why the fuck would you like to connect gp-1000 to it?
That shouldn't sound good, at least you get better tones from the pod itself.

Dont judge me, Im just guessing here! Try it if u think it will sound good!

(and yes sir I know what power amp is...)

you still didnt get it lol.

the same way i want to "hear" the gp1000 when i connect it to an amp i do the same with the pod, this way i can hear the gp1000 as i dont have a valve amp to do this. as i said before it does sound very good and i dont understand why uthink it wouldnt...

you still didnt get it lol.

the same way i want to "hear" the gp1000 when i connect it to an amp i do the same with the pod, this way i can hear the gp1000 as i dont have a valve amp to do this. as i said before it does sound very good and i dont understand why uthink it wouldnt...

I get it!
I just dont understand the reason why! In your place I'd sell the gp (and the pod) and buy a real amp!
and about the sound, as I said, I was just guessing 'cause I have tried many multieffects and have become a hater of them....

but whatever man, its your bussiness