Leprous.... and some other questions...

batmura

Sea of Tranquility
Nov 1, 2001
www.seaoftranquility.org
Hey Ken,

Some quick questions if you don't mind...

1. Is there any way we can follow on your site what bands you're about to release? I'm asking cause I just learned about Leprous and I'm ecstatic. When is their disc coming out?

2. Are you going to stock the new Pantommind? If yes, when?

3. Are there any other bands in the vein of Leprous you're in talks with? This is my stuff, and perhaps the most unconventional thing you're releasing since the terribly underrated Degree Absolute.

4. Do you know who produced/mixed the Leprous disc?

Cheers!

Murat

Ooops... and one more thing...

5. Just read it at PM. Why did you pass up on Athem? Followers of Laser's Edge would eat this disc up... Will you at least carry it? When?

Murat:

This forum exists to discuss issues relating to our label and mail order activities. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like - as often as you like.

Answers:

1. We have a label site: www.lasersedgegroup.com. The only reason why it is not up to date at the moment is because we were in negotations to change our US distribution and I wanted to announce that and the signing of Leprous at the same time. We've fallen a bit behind and will update the site this week. BTW - we are now distributed in the US via Ryko Distribution (!!).

Poke around the label site - you can hear mp3s of our bands.

2. I have no idea about Pantommind. I have not been in touch with them for many years and have no knowledge of their activities. If it is offered to me I would be happy to sell it.

3. I can't think of anything off hand but even if I did I would not discuss any band that we are considering or in negotiations with until we have them signed. We've had a number of eclectic bands on our label - did you ever hear SpiRitual "Pulse"? Great album that didn't get as much attention as it deserved.

4. Leprous was recorded and mixed by Jonas Kjellgren of Scar Symmetry. Unforunately there is a typo in the booklet. He is credited with mastering the album but it was actually mastered by Alan Douches at West West Side Music. Someday Alan will forgive me for the screw up. :)

5. Why I decided not to sign Athem is not for public consumption. We will certainly sell the CD on our site. My understanding is that it is in manufacturing. I expect to see copies in a couple of weeks.

Hey Ken, believe it or not, I had to think of Alan Douches when I heard the MAMMOTH sound on the tunes on their myspace, just like Zero Hour. However, I was unsure as to whether they could get someone like Douches to master their first album. I assume you must have had a finger in that?

I so look forward to this disc. They remind me of Enslaved in some ways. They're another great, godly band from Norway. What's the street date anyway?

Thanks!

Murat

Oh sorry - here is the upcoming schedule:

May 5th:
Leprous - Tall Poppy Syndrome
The Aurora Project - Shadow Border

May 19th:
Spheric Universe Experience - Unreal

June 2nd:
Morglbl - Jazz For The Deaf

We work with Alan Douches for many of our Sensory releases. His associate, Kim Rosen, did the upcoming SUE album - she did a great job as well.