Let's predict!

Originally posted by Harvester
That said, I will of course continue to book a diversified lineup that I hope will draw the folks out. I have a few very special wild cards I'm going after next time. I think everyone just needs to relax the sphincter for now and simply enjoy themselves.

Glenn H.

Amen.

How many times do we need to create threads where we list the PPUSA IV dream line-ups and then bitch about everyone's opinions? I don't want to sound like a forum nazi, but there is SO much more worthy of discussing, and more importantly, enjoying just for this year alone.

PPUSA III hasn't even happened yet, and already we're arguing about the speculative drawing of PPUSA IV. :lol:

And if you read Glenn's interviews and comments, you can pretty much work out that (a) he is a fan first and foremost, and (b) he thinks that Soilwork's Natural Born Chaos is a bitchin' album, and hence *cough* he is sweating blood and tears to get them in for the next gig *cough*. :D

Originally posted by woosta
I don't think Demons and Wizards is a long shot seeing as Schaeffer (sp?) will be there this year when BG plays. It seems like a "scouting" mission to me because I don't believe he's just there to see the fans.

Well that's just a guess. He may be coming along just as a fan to hear some decent artists play their best tunes.

Also, for Demons and Wizards, it requires TWO certain individuals at least to be available and willing to perform at the same time. I'm not saying it's impossible, but there are plenty of other dreams worth chasing that may appear to be more tangible.

Well, that's the beauty of Pretty Maids. They cover all kinds of stuff. Their early work was heavy friggin' metal plain and simple. Around 1992, the band went through some lineup cuts and from there, the cds were a mix of melodic metal songs, ballads, and everything in between. They must have around a dozen cds out in all. I can't recommend them highly enough. They released the classic metal cd "Future World" as well as "Jump the Gun" here in the USA in 1987 and 1990 respectively.

I'd be happy to help you with a burned compilation if you ever want to email me.

this was further up the thread, but I saw a lot of people expecting that Vanden Plas might be there next year, and while i could be wrong, and perhaps Glen isn't that pissed at them, but they certainly pissed off a lot of fans who where expecting to see them last year, and I doubt that their cancellation at the last minute was very convenient for the festival. I wouldn't expect them any time soon.

I'll agree that Rhapsody, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica are all good possibilities. I also see Hammerfall as a pretty likely band (though they are here pretty often on their own opening for big tours)

Glen already discussed that Virgin Steele was a long shot on the earplug thread (unfotunately for me).

I'm still holding for the miracle festival next year that has Helloween and Therion headlining.

Ryan

Stratovarius...yes, although co-headliner would probably be a better fit.

Rhapsody...no..they are a middle card all the way in my book.

And as far as next year goes, I honestly haven't considered anyone yet. My first priority is going to be finding a larger venue.

Glenn H.

Originally posted by Harvester

Rhapsody...no..they are a middle card all the way in my book.

I agree - however, they do like to come with all the big stage props a la Hammerfall and probably need time setting up. Are bands allowed to play with their big stage backdrops and sets at PPUSA if they're not headlining? I understand Edguy make an effort too....

In a festival situation, all bands play on a stripped down stage. The only props are backdrops and banners. Thus, there is no eye candy to distract anyone. It's a meat and potatos show where you had best bring your best performance or you will be eaten alive.

Glenn H

Well, that would almost eliminate Running Wild from the fray. I've read interviews where Rolf says that he'll only tour where he can take the full show. :(

Hmmm.. For next year's lineup, I don't know if these bands would be available, but they seem to be in the soptlight now.. but who knows what a year will bring.. anyways:

Sonata Arctica
Rhapsody
Dark Moor
Andromeda

While I'd LOVE to see all the bands above, some other's that I'd like to see this year (or any year) would be:

Jag Panzer
Vanden Plas (despite the past issues)
Raddakka
Crimson Glory
Kamelot
In Flames

And finally, some unlikely projects I'd kill to see live, but don't really expect to ever get the chance:

Avantasia
Ayreon
Therion
Demons & Wizards

But who am I kidding, I'm just tickled pink that Blind Guardian, Angra, Gamma Ray, Tobias Sammet, AND Threshold will be in the same together! Especially Threshold - I never thought I'd get to see them live! Way to go Harvester!

~Sh0kr0k

As much as I'm looking forward to November, I really think I would give up my ProgPower ticket for a chance to see Ayreon perform live, with ALL the album musicians.