List your top 10 favorite bands

Originally posted by rahvin
we are him, yes. :)

rahvin.

Wierd...I thought Rahvin died in Tear, I guess balefire isn't that strong afterall :D

wow, another Jordan-fan, that's cool....I've been into the series for years - reading them in swedish. Soon after I've read all my newest buys I'll start from the beginning in english :)

I plan to have read the series in english in time for the new one to have come out.

By the way, you don't happened to like George R.R. Martin? If you haven't checked out his "Song of Ice and Fire"-series, I urge you to do that, it's probably the best thing I've read besides Jordan.

Originally posted by poldarn

By the way, you don't happened to like George R.R. Martin? If you haven't checked out his "Song of Ice and Fire"-series, I urge you to do that, it's probably the best thing I've read besides Jordan.
I'd go as far as to say that "Song of Ice and Fire" is even better than "The wheel of time". Read anything from the hand of Terry Goodkind?

And after this intermezzo
My top ten bands
- Nightwish
- Dark Tranquillity
- Arch Enemy
- Blind Guardian
- Thyrfing
- Opeth
- Nevermore
- Finntroll
- Sirenia
- Callenish Circle

@poldarn: almost all forsaken have been granted a bit more show than rahvin... :cry: i seriously hope the dark one can at least create a couple more similar character. :p however, he died in cahirien, be'lal died in tear. ;)
do we have to add *spoiler* before our messages? or *spam*? :lol:

never tried song of ice and fire, but i'll check it out: as of now the wheel of time is the best fantasy i've ever read. :)

rahvin. (heavy on compulsion)

Originally posted by Lhorian
I'd go as far as to say that "Song of Ice and Fire" is even better than "The wheel of time". Read anything from the hand of Terry Goodkind?

I've heard of him, but the many negative reviews I've read discoured me to check it out. The reviews mentions that characters seems very stereo-typical and that unnecessarily long torture scenes was common. Still I might check it out when I've read all my newest purchases (some books by JV Jones, Sean Russel).

Originally posted by rahvin
@poldarn: almost all forsaken have been granted a bit more show than rahvin... :cry: i seriously hope the dark one can at least create a couple more similar character. :p however, he died in cahirien, be'lal died in tear. ;)
do we have to add *spoiler* before our messages? or *spam*? :lol:

never tried song of ice and fire, but i'll check it out: as of now the wheel of time is the best fantasy i've ever read. :)

rahvin. (heavy on compulsion)

heh, my bad, but didn't Rahvin die in Caemlyn, Andor ? It was quite a while ago I read the series. But do you really think that Rahvin is the most intriguing forsaken? I mean...all he did was getting laid in Caemlyn with Morgase and his harem ;)

@poldarn: well, that's exactly the point: minimum effort... ;) however, my choice of his name was almost accidental: i like the sound of the word since it's simple, short, not overused and not clumsy. just that. :)
however, this time you're right, it was rand who traveled (with a capital t) to caemlyn at the end of book five only to have his part smitten by rahvin's lightning bolts, hence the struggle, hence balefire. ah, i need to read it all again before crossroads of twilight is out. :rolleyes:

rahvin.

In Flames
Dark Tranquillity
The Haunted
Dark Funeral
Darkthrone
Pig Destroyer
Lamb of God
Cannibal Corpse
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth and Dimmu Borgir

You guys will probably kick my ass.... but here it goes...

1. Dark Tranquillity (1 or 2, depending on mood)
2. Opeth (2 or 1, depending on mood)
3. Live
4. (Old) Genesis w/Peter Gabriel
5. Soilwork
6. Rammstein
7. Megadeth
8. Savatage
9. Pink Floyd
10. At the Gates

i see no reason for molesting your ass, except for the clumsy presence of opeth and the somewhat unexplainable appearance of megadeth down there where the sun rarely shines. :)
niklas would probably want to spank your bottom because of live, but he's already committed to make me feel sorry because of d:a:d, so you can try running away. ;)
thumbs up to rammstein and savatage, btw.

rahvin.

Hmm... today: (in no order)
Misfits
Opeth
Arcturus
Black Sabbath
Black Flag
Amorphis
Katatonia
Hellacopters
Anathema
Entombed

can't name a single band which hasn't been mentioned...

dark tranquillity
opeth
katatonia
new model army
soilwork
samael
amorphis
dimmed burger
sentenced
amon amarth

in no particular order of course