Live Videos Thread

Yes man, very conservative. A walk in the park to pull off.

It's sad their current setlist is so boring (which is why I skipped them again), but I'd go if they'd play at least a few interesting songs. The current ones are either boring or over-played. I'd like to see rarities live, not ones I've already seen 7-14 times. Preferably nothing from the albums that came after Blooddrunk, except for a few songs I'd like, but yeah.

Last edited:
The "last" setlist:

ppAEehP.jpg

Videos of the "last" show (4K!):
Angels Don't Kill

Hate Me

Follow the Reaper

Bodom Beach Terror

Lake Bodom

Platitudes And Barren Words

Last song... Downfall and last moments

Looks like it was a great gig :) basically they played a setlist they SHOULD have played ON EVERY SHOW, with songs from all albums. God knows why the didn't before...

Yeah they really played from every album, nice even it's not 'exotic'.

Btw, I wonder why Janne, Henkka have left so early, like they treated the whole thing a bit too cold. Or they acted in a "finnish way" or just didn't want to get into an emotional whirlpool like Jaska did. (He was surprised aswell, that where those two went)

Reactions: COB-666
No last words from Alexi? Was it too emotional for him? What did Jaska say?

I think the songs sounded great. Alexis playing was almost top notch! I really like the hate me solo.

I'm still a bit disappointed about the setlist though. Not bad, but could be better for a last show.

Last edited:
Reactions: COB-666 and P4T0U
That was surprisingly cold. I'm sure that we will hear more down the line. Maybe months or years down the line some guys will spill some more beans about what was really going on. Alexi really should have given some kind of speech at the end. Sad. If that's the way it is then good thing it's over!

Yeah, it really was a bit cold, especially when you compare HIMs last song where Ville left the stage during the end of the song. He also said nothing but one short sentence (which I don't understand) but that was way more emotional than Bodoms last song.
I'm happy that at least Jaska stayed there and said a few words.
I#m curious about what was going on behind the stage after the show.

In my understanding they considered it on some level when RRF turned out a bad album back in 2011, but decided to stay, then a year ago they finally decided to leave after summer 2020, but a recent argument made it more imminent.

Jaska's "speech":

Thanks to everyone for coming. These 20+ years have gone really fast, I don't remember even half our gigs, but I will remember this evening. Thank you. *A long break* Thanks for all the support I've gotten, and nice that you're here today and have been a part of my and the whole band's lives. I'm gonna miss you, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
I understand they have to support their new album, but it would have been nice to see them play much more old material instead of some of the stuff on there. Oh well, I guess. I saw them twice and they were pretty good both times but I think that they've run their course honestly. I'll certainly miss them because they were a big part of where I am as a guitar player, and their music made a huge impact on me when I first heard Black Widow all those years ago.

I understand they have to support their new album, but it would have been nice to see them play much more old material instead of some of the stuff on there. Oh well, I guess. I saw them twice and they were pretty good both times but I think that they've run their course honestly. I'll certainly miss them because they were a big part of where I am as a guitar player, and their music made a huge impact on me when I first heard Black Widow all those years ago.

They play too many 'pop' songs from their catalogue (eleven songs off CRY, wtf?) instead of understanding they have more exciting songs that are rarely if ever played. And then learn the lyrics, too, and dedicate to the vocals, act a bit pissed off on stage. It doesn't feel like they're "out to kill" when playing a weird setlist and not dedicating to vocals. Making a good setlist is like making a song, you just have to do it alone or the feeling gets messed up. Not going into unnecessary details, but there are many ways to make their setlists more moody and electrifying. I've given up after seeing they already dropped Warheart and Hatebreeder off the set and went back to certain other songs. The green and blue album are their best, stick with that as foundation, then add from elsewhere, with taste.

I think the whole joking-between-songs thing is also the wrong way to 'set up' the feeling for this kind of music, instead they should just do horror ambient and short, depressed talks as passages, these are great to intensify the feeling and create suspense. It would be more impactful also if Alexi acted like barely anyone in the crowd knows who they are - that's how you draw new blood, not by being buddies with those that are already your fans, while unknowingly shutting away the rest of the world.

Things have changed with the last four albums not being dark enough, but who knows, maybe a miracle will happen if the new players are metal-heads who subconsciously push the songwriter for a darker style album, and maybe the singer will get freed up with the cleared chemistry.

Last edited:
Things have changed with the last four albums not being dark enough,
Dude, their last 3 albums where more than double as dark as their first 5. Hatebreeder, Follow the Reaper and HCDR are full of happy-metal songs.

I honestly don't get what you want. You want their old style back with songs similar to the ones off HB and FTR and on the other side you want darker albums. That doesn't match.

^I don't know dude. On the other hand I hear FTR (the song) as uplifting, while some hear it as dark. I think Halo of Blood is the darkest song they've done in the last ten years and it's not surprise I like it, having gone more towards the black metal stuff. People perceive music differently. To me Hatebreeder is their darkest album and every day I realize more and more how amazing the first songs are, it's like you put a venomous serpent in your player that'll come haunt you in your sleep.

I think we have a different understanding of the word "dark" in connection with the word "music".

The darkest song on HB is... nope. There's no dark song. All typical neoclassical Bodom songs with happy melodies. The darkest song on FTR is maybe ETID. All other aren't dark as well.

Compare any song of HB with songs like Widdershins or HoB.

Reactions: Works0fheart