London, UK lyricist looking for practice partners, maybe form a band

Armand Karlsen

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2011
London, UK
Long time metal fan in London, UK, I want to get more into making it than just listening. I guess I'm novice-level on bass, so I'm looking for folks to practice and jam with at first, and then form a band. I've gradually written quite a few lyrics, but I reckon I'll need more than just me to get something done with them.

The closest description I can think of for what I want to do is a "concept band"; I'm not looking for a band that just has a bunch of songs that can be taken separately; all of the lyrics I have written follow a single overall storyline and I intend to continue writing that way. The basic gist is a fantasy/scifi storyline: in the beginning, a population of wolves in pre-history encounters Man for the first time and ends up being persecuted and hunted down. A spirit being finds the wolves and takes pity on them, taking them away to a distant world, away from their destruction. As for styles, that tends to vary depending on what mood I had in mind for each particular song. Some sound in my head like melodeath or folk metal, some like doom, some like the most hate-filled black.

Like the idea? Give me a shout or a reply!