26 LVCS Las Vegas , NV
27 The Grove Anaheim , CA
29 Club Red Tempe , AZ
May
1 Scout Bar Houston , TX
2 Backstage Live San Antonio , TX
3 Trees Dallas , TX
4 Chameleon Roon Ok City , OK

I never saw them live, but think their stuff sucks since 1992. Do they play lots of old stuff from the 80s live? I suppose that as the singer is already on the weaker side in the studio, he must not be too great live as well?

Is this tour worth seeing?

APRIL
6 Stage 48 NYC
7 FouFounes Montreal,QC
8 LeCercle Quebec City , QC
9 MOD Club Toronto , ON
11 Soundstage Balt , MD
12 Mexicali live Teaneck , NJ
15 Token Lounge Westland , MI
16 Mojoes Joiliet , ILL
17 Riot Room Kansas City , MO
18 Moe's Englewood , CO
20 EL Corazon Seattle , WA
21 Red Room Vancouver , BC
22 Dantes Portland , OR
25 Whiskey A Go Go West Hollywood , CA
26 LVCS Las Vegas , NV
27 The Grove Anaheim , CA
29 Club Red Tempe , AZ
May
1 Scout Bar Houston , TX
2 Backstage Live San Antonio , TX
3 Trees Dallas , TX
4 Chameleon Roon Ok City , OK

I never saw them live, but think their stuff sucks since 1992. Do they play lots of old stuff from the 80s live? I suppose that as the singer is already on the weaker side in the studio, he must not be too great live as well?

Is this tour worth seeing?

Saw them last year(here in Brazil). The singer was the guy from Hibria(Brazilian band and dude). It was great show, for me a MUST See. They play old songs....

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/loudness/2013/shibuya-club-quattro-tokyo-japan-3c49523.html

Saw them the last time they came though the States and it was awesome. I'll hit this one up for sure next year. I disagree that all their post 1992 stuff sucks. While it's certainly not as strong as their early years, it's still solid. Especially the stuff when Minoru came back in the fold.

On the 2011 tour, they were amazing. They played a lot of older stuff, yes.. maybe 3 songs from newer releases. Half of the show was Lightning Strikes & Thunder In The East.

Their setlist should be vastly different to their normal Japanese setlist, since they're still a very popular act there... probably more like the last tour..

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/loudness/2011/trees-dallas-tx-6bd3c282.html

Ditto this. They were fantastic when I saw them. Totally worth seeing, though I probably won't this time around since the closest they're coming to me is Baltimore. :(

Ooh. Bucket list band and my favorite place to see a show. Better wait and see who's opening though. Had some bad luck recently.

In 2011, they had Dirty Passion from Sweden supporting, and a couple of local bands at each stop.

Totally worth it if you've never seen them before. They do play old stuff like Crazy Doctor and Heavy Chains, and some of new stuff is not too shabby either. Singer is fine IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let me make it clear then.

Borealis sucked once.
Halcyon Way sucked twice.
Fozzy sucked once.
Reignwolf will probably just suck.

Since I travel to shows, I want the opening band not to be a waste of my time.

:)

Why not just skip the opener then? That way the bands dont waste your time and you dont waste ours. :)

By the way, where were you at the Toronto Fates Warning show? Halcyon wanted to meet you and dedicate a song to you. :D

Let me make it clear then.

Borealis sucked once.
Halcyon Way sucked twice.
Fozzy sucked once.
Reignwolf will probably just suck.

Since I travel to shows, I want the opening band not to be a waste of my time.

:)

If the headlining band is a "bucket list" band for you, is the opener really a deal breaker? That's the part I don't get. I could see it mattering if you had seen the headliner already.

If the headlining band is a "bucket list" band for you, is the opener really a deal breaker? That's the part I don't get. I could see it mattering if you had seen the headliner already.

Make no sense to me either. I wonder how many people waited their entire life to see Black Sabbath, but then decided not to go because Andrew WK was opening as a DJ? My guess is nobody. Nobody came because he was there and nobody didn't come because he was there. Sometimes I think crappy opening bands are why the book shows in bars. Opening band can bring me in to a show but they never keep me out of one. In this day of smart phones, if the band is that bad you can always play Angry Birds for an hour.

Yep. Already saw Fates Warning so I skipped them. That and it was 400 km away :lol: So, that's the ticket plus accommodation, travel, food, drink, merch, 1-2 vacation days, etc.

Looks like the tour has been cancelled. Bummer...

I don't see any news about the whole tour cancellation, but it's the reason the Quebec City promoter told us for cancelling the show...