Luca Turilli

LucioArgento

Make Love, Not Peace
Apr 2, 2002
1 Hate Pit Avenue
Just wanted to say that I was pleased to see you commend "Prophet of the Last Eclipse". I was shocked at just how good this album is.

On a side note, it's not like you need all the Rhapsody albums, but what do you think of Symphony of Enchanted Lands? Regardless of the style, I definitely accept that there are some seriously good classical compositions here.

There's one song in particular on SoEL - "Tower of the Abyss". The strings sections perhaps rank alongside Vivaldi.

What did you think of Power of the Dragonflame - in particular, "Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness" or "Lamento Eroico"?

Symphony is definitely my favourite Rhapsody album. Great stuff! Emerald Sword is my favourite song on it, along with track 9 (what's it called again?).

Originally posted by Winmar
Symphony is definitely my favourite Rhapsody album. Great stuff! Emerald Sword is my favourite song on it, along with track 9 (what's it called again?).

There's the problem with Rhapsody right there. Lots and lots of cool melodies (which were lots cooler when it was a newish thing than seven albums of the style in...), but it all gets confused in the brain after awhile... Emerald Sword is just something every power metal band should wish it had written because it's so distinctive and it stands out from everything they've done. Rhapsody has a dearth of of 'awesome' songwriting that keeps songs not only in your head, but easily identifiable by name as well. Which is why I haven't immediately answered what I thought of Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness or Lamento Eroico. Not sure which songs exactly they are by memory!

Jim LotFP said:
Which is why I haven't immediately answered what I thought of Gargoyles, Angels of Darkness or Lamento Eroico. Not sure which songs exactly they are by memory!

:lol:

Sorry JimLotFP! I asked specifically about those songs because:

i) Gargoyles is the 20 minute epic with huge symphonies and female choirs thoughout - very dark for Rhapsody
ii) Lamento Eroico was sung entirely in Italian. It was a slight departure again due to the language change, but it actually adds an endearing quality to the album.

Oh, both songs were from last years Power of the Dragonflame.

Opethfan1980 said:
I big departure from Rhapsody's normal stuff, and an AWESOME song, IMO.

Definitely a standout song. Shame these Italians don't sing in Italiano all the time - it's a beautiful sounding language and works much better in symphony laden music than, say, English.