xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
http://afp.google.com/article/ALeqM5g_rrr_4qIV0sXMD0xDWpUGZffImA

Iron Maiden to the rescue for stranded British holidaymakers

3 days ago
LONDON (AFP) — Iron Maiden singer Bruce Dickinson flew to the rescue of holidaymakers left stranded abroad after Britain's third largest tour operator collapsed, newspapers reported Sunday.
The heavy metal hero is also a Boeing 757 pilot and flew a specially-chartered Monarch Airlines flight from the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in Egypt to London Gatwick Airport.
XL Leisure Group went into administration Friday, leaving some 85,000 British holidaymakers stranded abroad.
Since then almost 12,000 people have been brought back as part of an airlift mission conducted by the aviation regulator.
"I was just doing my job. I was called out like a lot of other pilots to help and I was obviously happy to do that," The Mail on Sunday newspaper quoted rocker Dickinson as saying.
"Some of the people on the flight were obviously frustrated by the situation they had found themselves in but everyone was pretty good-natured about it all."
Dickinson, 50, said he was off to the Greek island of Kos next to rescue some more stranded holidaymakers.
The Iron Maiden frontman has been a captain with Astraeus, having worked for the British charter airline for nine years.
Dickinson has also competed in fencing at international level.
XL sponsored English Premier League football club West Ham's shirts and the east London side played with patches covering the firm's logo in their 3-2 defeat at West Bromwich on Saturday.

Is there nothing Iron Maiden can't do:

Iron Maiden drummer and golf enthusiast Nicko McBrain has been drafted into the European Ryder Cup squad.

Nick Faldo, captain of this years European team, the Iron Maiden tub thumper will be a member of the team's backroom staff during this year's competition.

Faldo told the BBC that McBrain would be the ideal man to motivate his squad during the competition which takes place

if I were incredibly wealthy and had no real job, I would certainly become a champion fencer, yachter, pilot, etc. the gentleman dabbler has been around for thousands of years.

He could turn that into a serious money maker: chartered Maiden fan vacation flights to Egypt with Powerslave booming over the airplane speakers, in-flight live Maiden concert footage, plane painted/decorated in appropriate Maiden garb, flight attendants dressed like Eddie, "MY PHLEBOTOMIST FLEW WITH MAIDEN AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY T-SHIRT" shirts, and of course the expected "SCREAM FOR ME ROW 47B!" pilot banter.