Mari Hamada - Japanese diva fronting Yngwie styled metal!

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Just come across this at random this morning due to my fascination with the Japanese way of doing all things metal. This lady is something else. She has a sweet voice and her band are all tip top players as can be seen in these live clips. Yngwie should hire her and be huger than he already is in Japan since it's obvious he can't sing for toffee! It's easy to fall in love with this gal trust me and she has a sister who could be her twin called Eri who does backing vocals. Mind you if you hate neo-classical and warbling then you might have a slight problem hehe! Her latest album is called Legenda in case you're interested.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3L5u9fVCoA&NR[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty cool, but unfortunately I have a very hard time with almost all Japanese singers: the accents are so damn thick that they could be singing IN Japanese and it would make no less sense to my ears.

Hell of a surrounding band though......

This is pretty cool, but unfortunately I have a very hard time with almost all Japanese singers: the accents are so damn thick that they could be singing IN Japanese and it would make no less sense to my ears.

Hell of a surrounding band though......

It takes some getting used to, I didn't care for Japanese metal very much until about a year ago, I think it's the cadence of the words that threw me off, the emphasis is on different syllables than you would expect. But once you get past it, the Japanese make EXCELLENT metal. Particularly in the power/prog category. It's just very, very difficult to find outside of Japan.