MARTA Delays

I just came across this at the MARTA site:

WEEKEND OF SEPTEMBER 17 - 18, 2005
Trains will operate every 25 minutes on the North/South Line on Saturday, September 17, 2005 and Sunday, September 18, 2005. The North Springs train will operate between North Springs and Lindbergh Station at a 25 minute frequency. Doraville trains will operate between Doraville and the Airport at a 25 minute frequency. Due to single tracking, all trains will depart from the Northbound platform at Lakewood, Oakland City, West End and Garnett Stations.
Rail Lines Affected: North-South
Train Frequency: Every 25 minutes

East/West service will have a special 20-minute schedule on Saturday, September 17, 2005 and Sunday, September 18, 2005. Single tracking will occur through Dome/GWCC/Phillips Arena/CNN Center, Five Points, Georgia State, and King Memorial stations. Bankhead (Proctor Creek Line) trains will travel between Bankhead Station and Ashby Station only. The Bankhead trains will operate on a normal 15-minute schedule, however.
Rail Lines Affected: East-West
Train Frequency: Every 20 minutes

Usually, the trains operate about every 15 minutes or so on weekends, so this will definitely delay things a bit. I know last weekend I had to wait 45 minutes at the airport for the train. So I suggest that those of you getting to and from the airport take this into consideration.

Yan

That's just craptacular!
Thanks for the info though! This will probably be another year of missed preparty. Last year we can thank the hurricane for canceling my thursday flight. This year I tried to prepare by getting a plane that leaves at 10am... but after all the layovers, I won't land until 7pm in atlanta (and surely there'll be delays). I sooooooooo need to see DC Cooper dagnabit! :hotjump:

enki3600 said:
That's just craptacular!
Thanks for the info though! This will probably be another year of missed preparty. Last year we can thank the hurricane for canceling my thursday flight. This year I tried to prepare by getting a plane that leaves at 10am... but after all the layovers, I won't land until 7pm in atlanta (and surely there'll be delays). I sooooooooo need to see DC Cooper dagnabit! :hotjump:

Things should be pretty normal on Wednesday through Friday; I doubt there'll be many delays. The problems should arise on Saturday and Sunday. I did ride on it today and everything was very smooth; probably because they weren't working on it.

Yan