Maryland Deathfest, 2010 edition. You need to check this out.

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
If you are into extreme genres of metal and punk, and are unaware of Maryland Deathfest, get the hell off your ass. They have become the highest quality death/black/grind festival in the entire nation, and it just keeps getting better. I didn't think they could outdo last year's lineup that featured such metal titans as Asphyx, Bolt Thrower, Absu, Destroyer 666, and Aura Noir, but they have. Even some of the bands on the lower tier of this flier are absolutely out-of-control awesome. Check this out!

MDFVIII.jpg

I went to MDF last year with Justin (mosquito) and we had a freaking awesome time. The fest, which is a bit grittier and dirtier than ProgPower is still very tightly run and very well executed technically. Freaking amazing lineup.

Can you guys even believe this fest is possible? Jesus Christ!

Death Metal is one of those genres that I enjoy, but can only listen to sparingly. The idea of three straight days of unrelenting brutality, in Maryland, outdoors, in a parking lot? Not my cup of tea. Hope you have a great time again.

Zod

PENTAGRAM!!, Sodom, Autopsy, Gorguts, Obituary, Entombed, Eyehategod, Incantation = cool. Yet, every year the lineup just doesn't have quite enough concentration of sweet bands to actually get me there. Assuming this is the final lineup, 2010'll probably be the same. Nice, but not required. Also, is that band halfway down the right side called 'Captain Cleanoff'? Haha!

Death Metal is one of those genres that I enjoy, but can only listen to sparingly. The idea of three straight days of unrelenting brutality, in Maryland, outdoors, in a parking lot? Not my cup of tea. Hope you have a great time again.

Zod

Sure part of it is outdoors on a closed off street, but it's not as an amateur-sounding production as your words make it sound to be! (whether that was your intention or not) It's like any other kind of outdoors fest with tents selling merch, food, beer, etc. It's a lot of fun.

One of my best friends went last year and saw Hail Of Bullets, Sigh, Bolt Thrower, Asphyx, etc live and I don't think he will ever stop rubbing it in my face. :(

This year may be even more awesome... Gorguts, Magrudergrind, Converge, Melechesh, Sodom, Entombed, Eyehategod, Pestilence, The Chasm, fucking DECEASED (by far and away, the most underrated band in metal's history), Fuck The Facts, Tombs... oh man... all of these are favorites of mine! I must go.

Yes, but all those bands have harsher vocals.
Plus add Bobby's unconventional stage presence!?!?!?!?!!!!!!

I've never seen Pentagram before or seen any live footage.
Just looked at some Youtube videos of their recent shows.
LOLOLOL, Bobby has some odd stage moves...

Amusing that every time this festival is brought up here, at least a few people make a comment about 'I can't read their names!'