MEGADETH: New Guitarist Rumors Heat Up

Well, Drover lasted at least more than 2 years, so that beats out Al Pitrelli's tour of duty, right?

I agree.... keep Chris in Panzer.
Bad enough Panzer has been set aside due to his stint in Nevermore.

Sure, being in a band like Megadeth and playing those size venues are a once in a lifetime opportunity. Maybe he feels JP has gone as far as they ever are going to go.

I agree with Jason. In fact, United Abominations is going to make my Top 10 albums (probably my Top 5) for 2007. :headbang: It was heavy, catchy, and well-written (especially the lyrics) IMO. I also really dug the re-recording of ""À Tout le Monde (Set Me Free)" featuring Cristina Scabbia.

Ok, silly questions, but isn't Glen Drover one of the brothers from Eidolon who is (now possibly was) in Megadeth? If so, I think I'm really going to miss his influence on Megadeth and I'm wondering what will happen to Eidolon. Am I getting him confused with someone else?

megadeth are for the angry 15 year old kid who hangs out at malls on the weekend, or guys who live in the burbs who drive out dated sports cars!

I guess I either just lost 9 years off my life and found a new weekend hobby or there better be a freakin' Lamborghini in the driveway when I get home (and I suppose there would have to be a plastic surgeon driving it as well, since I'm not a guy). :loco: :lol: I love stereotypes. :lol:

The newest Eidolon album slays anything Megadeth has done in the last 18 years.

Ditto that for Jag Panzer. While I understand that Chris is an excellent guitarist and he'd want to do something higher-profile, this is a bummer for me as I'd rather see Jag Panzer making some news instead.

Then again, with the lack of any news for a long damn time from the Panzer camp, I can't help but wonder if that band is going the way of Savatage? (i.e., no news for a long time, band members start to peel off and do other things, then the official breakup announcement is made much later on)

The weird thing about Jag Panzer is it seems they have become more popular (or at least more talked about) since their period of inactivity.

I have never heard Eidolon. Though they are Canadian, which means they probably like Hockey, Beer, and Donuts, which makes them cool chaps in my book!

Yes. Glen & Shawn Drover from Eidolon.
Ok, that's what I thought. Thanks for the confirmation.

Anyone know how/if Eidolon will be affected by Glen's needing more family time?
The newest Eidolon album slays anything Megadeth has done in the last 18 years.
Can't say I disagree entirely, although as I mentioned, I feel the the Eidolon influences (at least on the new album) have just made Megadeth that much better. I guess we've yet to see how much Drover's departure (or his replacement's entrance) affects the sound of future Megadeth material.

I have one Eidolon album that I bought used during my stint at Impulse. I'd have to look it up to figure out which one it was. My overall impression of it was that the vocals and production were absolute shit, but the musical ability and overall riffing were fucking slamming. I know they got the singer from Pagans Mind, and he probably would be an improvement over what they've had before, but I never got the album.

As for Megadeth, throw me in they camp of 'used to care, now couldn't give two shits.'

Well last I checked i'm pretty sure Chris was a full member of Nevermore, at least I thought that was the case since Steve was let go, not sure what his deal is with Jag Panzer these days since they've been rather silent. Anyway, this news isn't a shocker at all, he's pretty much made sure it's the Dave Mustaine Experience rather than an actual band. Seems like Mustaine needs to change the lineup every few years for whatever reason, it's a real shame because no matter who he gets in the band they'll never touch their prime with Ellefson, Friedman and Menza. That lineup was just magic, I think most will agree Megadeth was superior when they were actually a band.