Sunday May 2:
Winger
Ted Poley
Jimi Jamison
Kevin Chalfant
Crown of Thorns
7th Heaven
Bombay Black

EDIT: W.E.T. and Eclipse have canceled due to Jeff Scott Soto's involvement with TSO spring tour

Tickets On Sale THIS FRIDAY! February 12
Tickets on sale at MelodicRock.com / MelodicRockFest.com
via PAYPAL secure Online Sales

Tickets go on sale Friday February 12 at 10am local Chicago time (11am East Coast, 8am Los Angeles, 4pm London, 5pm Europe and 3am Saturday Feb 13 in Australia).

Ticket prices:
Saturday Day Ticket - $55
Sunday Day Ticket - $55
Saturday/Sunday Combo - $100
Weekend VIP Pass (Limited to 250 tickets only) - US$175

Friday April 30 - Acoustic Show / Meet & Greet Night
A Special Night for VIP Ticket Holders ONLY!
Alias
Rob Lamonthe
Mecca
Rock Sugar

HOTELS - A list of hotels to select from will be announced in the next 48hrs. There will be a dedicated MRF Hotel near the venue that will be offering travelling fans a special discount rate, plus a few other hotel/choices to select from - all with specific MRF rates,so hang on for required booking reference numbers.

this is without a doubt the best lineup of bands i have ever seen! Can't wait for Danger Danger,Ted Poley,Talon,Eden's Curse, Wet, Winger, Jimi Jamison, Eclipse for really they are all some of my very fav. bands I live in GA,but I will make the trip for this one this is unreal! thanks for posting this.

This is an awesome line up and a great chance to see a few bands I have never had the chance to see. Given the complete absence of melodic metal/rock bands in most festivals, this is something of a "must see" show. Let me check my calendar....

OK.... Just made my hotel reservation at the main host hotel--Holiday Inn!! Seems a bit far from the venue--3.25 miles--but I hope there will be some method of getting to/from venue short of a rental car. If not, then a rental car it is.

Not really familar with any of this stuff really, could someone throw out some recommendations from the more well known stuff

Y & T - Mean Streak and Contagious
Danger Danger - Cockroach
Eden's Curse
Terry Brock w Valentine - Valentine's s/t debut is an AOR classic!
Rock Sugar
Eclipse - Are You Ready To Rock is decent, but a little overrated imo.
Talon
Farcry

Sunday May 2:
Winger - Karma
W.E.T. - s/t debut is melodic greatness
Ted Poley - Greatest Tits
Jimi Jamison - Survivor's Too Hot To Sleep is one of the best hard rock albums ever!
Kevin Chalfant
Crown of Thorns
7th Heaven
Bombay Black

~Brian~

Y&T - fucking amazing. Just saw them about a year or so ago (they play the SoCal circuit once or twice a year) and they were simply fantastic. In fact, they'll be back out my way in April!

As for Winger -I would love to see them....

This fest looks pretty good.....

I have been listening to a lot of Crown of Thorns lately. Don't often think about them for some reason, but every time I do pull it off the shelf it blows me away every time. They are an incredible band that often goes under the radar...much too often.

I'm so glad about this concert since I'm going without a doubt (I have to see Rob Marcello play live) and so many more of the bands I'm so into. I never knew of Rock Sugar till now and they are AMAZING, the album Reimaginator I just ordered it from their website, can't wait to get it,what they do is they mix 2 or 3 classic rock songs together and make it their own song, I can't say enough about this band great vocals and guitar just check out this video they do mixing Don't Stop Believing, and Enter Sandman

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't realize that Melodicrock.com started up its own festival. I guess the first one took place in South Bend, Indiana around the same time as ProgPower VIII. It's a great idea, and it's even cooler that it's right in my backyard this year. I just hope I can afford it. It seems that everything is coming to the Chicago area within the next three months. Though living in one of the biggest cities in the country has its benefits (i.e., almost every single metal tour making a stop there), there's always a downside (i.e., having to skip certain shows due to finances). At any rate, I'm really going to try to make it to this one.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert

Y & T - Mean Streak and Contagious
Danger Danger - Cockroach
Eden's Curse
Terry Brock w Valentine - Valentine's s/t debut is an AOR classic!
Rock Sugar
Eclipse - Are You Ready To Rock is decent, but a little overrated imo.
Talon
Farcry

Sunday May 2:
Winger - Karma
W.E.T. - s/t debut is melodic greatness
Ted Poley - Greatest Tits
Jimi Jamison - Survivor's Too Hot To Sleep is one of the best hard rock albums ever!
Kevin Chalfant
Crown of Thorns
7th Heaven
Bombay Black

~Brian~

Yes, Are You rEady to Rock is pretty good, but for me, their Second to None is better, especially the title track...amazing melodic hard rock!. W.E.T. debut is the best album of 2009 imho, 7th Heaven rocks big time and Crown of Thorns is a marvelous band. The new Danger Danger is deliciously good...Eden´s Curse is a must see..........Can´t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check this one out:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpNrqxBWxQM&NR=1[/ame]

I'm not sure if that was cool or fucked up to be honest.[/QUOTE]