Mercenary!!!!!!!

guardian26

Mike the Cop
Aug 4, 2002
MASSACHUSETTS
:OMG: Ok everyone. I'm starting this thread about the underdog band at the festival - Mercenary. I really love their music, and I was looking forward to seeing them play live. The mixed vocals and heavy riffs are right up my alley, but even so, I was most definetly not prepared for them!! They totally blew me away, and I think that the majority of the crowd was pleasantly surprised with the hard hitting tunes. You could tell that these guys were pumped up to play their first American gig. Since I was really going nuts in the front, I couldn't see the reaction of the rest of you guys, but I heard alot of positive feedback from individuals that I talked to (Yeah Daybreaker....I can only say I told you so about 1 million more times.) In addition to rocking out...they were really nice guys, and cool as hell to hang out with. I can not wait to hear more from these guys, as there can only be great things in their future. Extra cudos to the new axman, Mike, for shredding those songs like he had been in the band for a year instead of a few months.
Glen, good call on these guys!!

Explore.....the BLOODRUSH

Who says cops cant like metal?

I really dug them too Mike...one of my faves of the fest. Cops can like metal....just let all of us metal fans off with a warning... :)

OH yeah! I loved those guys as well. The growling vocals mixed with the regular vocals was a nice change of pace. I can tolerate them in that context. They just rocked with tons of power and balls. Can't wait to hear the new one! "Everblack" is becoming one of those discs I keep reaching for.... :cool:

They were my third most impressive band of the weekend, only behind Pagan's Mind and Rage... :kickass:

Mercenary was terrific! They made me a new fan! I bought Everblack and I'm looking forward to hearing more from this band. I really hope they get invited back for a future ProgPower :)

~Sh0k~

Mercenary was cool! By far the best non-power/prog band to play at ProgPower so far (in other words, way better than Nightingale and Devin Townsend)

They were some really cool guys. I had a chance to hang with them for a few menuits in their room and listen to them talk while they ate breakfast sunday morning.

Sadly I may have insulted them, as a joke I made exploded in my face. Late Saturday night after the show a few of them were in their room drinking and I came by and asked for them to sign something. I made the joke "wait is this <insert other band name here>" and they, jokenly, shut the door in my face. I came in after that and kept the joke going "so who are you" (well I think thats what I said) and when they said Mercenary my brain locked up. It was only three of them at the time of the joke. One of them being the new guy, and the other two didn't look anything like the pictures ive seen. Yeah, I should have known from seeing their set, but for the most part I was rocking out and watching the lead singer do his thing while they played. That along with haveing a few drinks and it being REALLY late, well my brain just couldn't handle it. I also considered he may be joking with me about it as to get me back for making the joke in the first place.

At that point I just dropped the entire thing and said I was sorry for the confusion. No joke was worth making a fool of myself.

Count me in! Mercenary ranked in my top 5 for this Progpower!

1. Circle II Circle
2. Nightwish
3. Rage (and I only saw 4 songs thanks to the stupid ass moshers)
4. Symphony X
5. Mercenary

I can't believe how much the lead singer reminded me of Rob Halford...the way he performed on stage and even hitting some of the notes...and I am a big Halford fan so it's not a put down! :)

I agree, Mercenary had one of the best performances of the weekend- 2nd for me only to CIIC. They were one of the only few bands that gave me chills and said "this is what it's all about". I hope to see them in the states again in the future.

-Sheri

Yes Mike I know you told me a million times I DO feel like a little bitch for not listening to you...
crap.gif
Ah well. Hahha I think me and Ironplant and Deron from 236 interrupted Mikkel when he was trying to score. Sat night / Sun morning all three of us were walking around and we ran up to the 4th floor to get Secret Sphere sigs and saw Mikkel with a chick WAYYYYYY off in the corner but hey he was cool as soon as he saw us he started waving and we talked for a bit and got stuff signed. haha man that was kinda awkward at first. Really, they were cool dudes and I swear to god during their set I was smiling my ass off the entire time.

Ben