Meshuggah to play New England Metal & Hardcore Festival

Kaosaur

Apr 8, 2006
Bluffton, SC
ON MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY!

Hell yes. I may not like 90% of the bands that are going to be playing this fest...but I'm frakkin' going.

Anyone else coming?

The fest sucks overall, but they do get a few bands worth seeing (unfortunately the suck far outweighs the rock... but I end up paying :()

+1.

I went this year, despite the vast amount of shit. Mainly I was there for God Dethroned, Behemoth, and other heavy bands of that ilk. I managed to avoid seeing all the shitty bands besides Beyond the Embrace (who I had to watch so I'd be ready for Hallows Eve right afterwards), Walls of Jericho (Who while I don't like on CD, I find them entertaining to watch live), and Bury Your Dead (There was nothing else to do at this point. Man, that set sucked). I avoided the others by a mixture of the vendor tables, leaving for food, and the lobby (after re-entry was finished).

If you do as I did, and avoid the shit, you can actually enjoy the good performances that do play - Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Nachtmystium, Kataklysm, God Dethroned, Cannibal Corpse, etc.

I've still got a sour taste in my mouth from the fact that the fest listed Dark Tranquillity on their website to replace Satyricon, though DT was never confirmed. Instead we waited what I remember as being over an hour between Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir so they could get back on schedule.

I'll be there unless a different date for the Ensiferum tour is announced in the area. Or a date is scheduled in Florida near the end of May (where I will be on vacation in the last week or two of May). One of the members of Eluveitie told a friend of mine that there will be 26 tour dates. So, all of us still have hopes for other dates elsewhere.

26 dates, woohoo! I suppose there's a reasonable possibility they'll play a MA date that isn't that stupid fest. Maybe they'll try to play in Boston.

26 dates? Ok now I'm not worried, you can't do 26 dates and skip NYC :)

Haha, to be honest you can't do 3 dates and skip NYC. NYC gets just about every tour I can think of, unless there are no dates on the East Coast whatsoever.

There's reasonable hope for another MA-area date, but I'm hoping if there is another show up here that isn't just NYC, it's not Mark's Showplace in NH. Stupid 18+ shows...

If not, still hoping for that Florida date at the end of May.

+1.

I went this year, despite the vast amount of shit. Mainly I was there for God Dethroned, Behemoth, and other heavy bands of that ilk.

Don't recall which day it was, but I doled out the $40 to see Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir only (yes, I showed up around 10pm... blew off the rest of the day). I lost all respect for that festival when they completely deleted Evergrey's set in 2004. They were part of the national touring package (IE, CoB, and EG) that made that fest stop the only local one. There were so many problems that year, their set was cut, yet they still allowed a bunch of really shitty hardcore and metalcore bands play on after them... who were there for the one off. Sucks its the only thing going locally :(

+1.

I went this year, despite the vast amount of shit. Mainly I was there for God Dethroned, Behemoth, and other heavy bands of that ilk. I managed to avoid seeing all the shitty bands besides Beyond the Embrace (who I had to watch so I'd be ready for Hallows Eve right afterwards), Walls of Jericho (Who while I don't like on CD, I find them entertaining to watch live), and Bury Your Dead (There was nothing else to do at this point. Man, that set sucked). I avoided the others by a mixture of the vendor tables, leaving for food, and the lobby (after re-entry was finished).

If you do as I did, and avoid the shit, you can actually enjoy the good performances that do play - Dimmu Borgir, Behemoth, Nachtmystium, Kataklysm, God Dethroned, Cannibal Corpse, etc.

I've still got a sour taste in my mouth from the fact that the fest listed Dark Tranquillity on their website to replace Satyricon, though DT was never confirmed. Instead we waited what I remember as being over an hour between Behemoth and Dimmu Borgir so they could get back on schedule.

I'll be there unless a different date for the Ensiferum tour is announced in the area. Or a date is scheduled in Florida near the end of May (where I will be on vacation in the last week or two of May). One of the members of Eluveitie told a friend of mine that there will be 26 tour dates. So, all of us still have hopes for other dates elsewhere.

I got to hang out with Walls of Jericho a lot while they were doing the Family Values tour (I was going to see Dir en grey for multiple stops with a bunch of friends) and they are some of the nicest bunch of folks I have ever spent time with at any of the shows I've been to. They're a bit more talented than they let on as well.