Metal/anime

Do you like X Japan and do you like anime?

• Love X Japan and Love Anime!!

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Love X Japan and don't watch anime

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Don't know X Japan but love anime

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Don't know X Japan and don't watch anime

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters

DoomsdayZach

The Professor was right
Dec 11, 2005
Seattle, WA
www.doomsdaymusic.com
Ok, so i got in a discussion with my vocalist right now. We disagree on this, so who here watches anime? And who here has heard/loves X Japan? Just answer the goddamn question in the poll, then talk about whatever.

I've heard X Japan. I kind of liked them at first because I thought it was pretty cool that a band who basically played speed metal could be so popular. To be honest, not a good band.

I've watched some anime. I like the Studio Ghibli movies, however they're of exceptional animation quality/imagination and can't really compare to any other anime. All those anime series that are so popular are fucking shit imo.

Can't say I love either of them.

My son got me hooked on Code Geass (dammit)..I'm pretty apathetic as far as the music goes, though.

X Japan are awesome, but I don't "Love Anime!!!", I like the Animes I've seen, Ghost In The Sell: SAC and Hellsing are both awesome.

1. No.. I'm not into X Japan
2. None of that teenager bubble shit like Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Zatch Bell... I'm into Fist of the North Star, Basilisk (cried), Tiger Mask, Guyver(88-90), Slam Dunk (kinda teenish), Berserk (cried for hours) etc.

Watch:

Ergo Proxy
Ghost In The Shell
Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop (classic)
Shigurui (18+)
Samurai Champloo
Real Drive
Kurozuka (a classic JP folklore in post-apocalyptic times)

X-Japan is a cool band, but I'm SO not into anime.... If I want animated/cartoon entertainment, Warner Brothers is where it's at (The old stuff ONLY!)

Watch:

Ergo Proxy
Ghost In The Shell
Black Lagoon
Cowboy Bebop (classic)
Shigurui (18+)
Samurai Champloo
Real Drive
Kurozuka (a classic JP folklore in post-apocalyptic times)

Black Lagoon is basically the most average anime I've ever seen, but otherwise many good choices.

Anyway, I don't know about X Japan, guess they're ok, but yeah, I do watch some anime, but I don't think it's superior to other animations as some people seem to think.

Some animes I liked are: Trigun, Berserk, Ninja Scroll (movie)

My favourite anime is a show from the 70s called "Grand Prix No Taka", but nobody knows it so...

Black Lagoon is basically the most average anime I've ever seen, but otherwise many good choices.

Anyway, I don't know about X Japan, guess they're ok, but yeah, I do watch some anime, but I don't think it's superior to other animations as some people seem to think.

Some animes I liked are: Trigun, Berserk, Ninja Scroll (movie)

My favourite anime is a show from the 70s called "Grand Prix No Taka", but nobody knows it so...

Ninja Scroll rules. But see, here's where we go 1 for 1: I thought Trigun was average-sauce.

Ninja Scroll rules. But see, here's where we go 1 for 1: I thought Trigun was average-sauce.

Too bad, cause I thought Trigun was great. But yeah... Each for his own. Cowboy Bebop and Samurai Champloo are both among my favourites though.

If you guys like Ninja Scroll, then def. check out Basilisk. Its based off of the same book and the characters are very similar, but Basilisk stays more true to the original book.

I just watched Ninja Scrolls for the first time... I don't really like it.