Metal disappearing from You Tube

Daybreaker

Red, Hot, and Heavy
Jul 6, 2002
San Antonio, TX
Visit site
Actually a whole lot of shit is being cut from there. Since I'm a loser and not banging anything right now and think that people go visit my Myspace and watch the videos there and I hope that somewhere, maybe someone thinks what I listen to is cool in an attempt to pick up chicks, I was trying to find some vids and realized that there has been a huge amount of videos that aren't available anymore.

Don Henley, nope not anymore.

Pretty Maids vids, one of my best and orgasmic YouTube finds, gone.

Since I don't want to give away how much time I really do spend online at Youtube watching metal instead of being social I'm going to leave it at this...

If you have old video favorites of bands that were formerly on major labels (Pretty Maids' Future World, Love Games, and Please Don't Leave Me came out on Epic / Sony) go enjoy them while you can.

Man this sucks, YouTube became my own personal metal video channel. Argh. I mean seriously, who the fuck over at Sony thinks that my ass watching twenty year old videos of an artist they never even pushed in the States is hurting them?

It may have to do with whichever company holds the main copyright. Viacom for example recently demanded the removal of like 100k clips. They struck up a deal with another video service.

I dont understand most of the youtube craze (other than the funny self homemade jobs). Sure theres some wild obscure videos but the quality is horrendous for the majority of them.

I have 100s of videos on mpeg in much better quality. I stopped grabbing them ages ago as I dont care or have the time anymore.

I dont understand most of the youtube craze (other than the funny self homemade jobs). Sure theres some wild obscure videos but the quality is horrendous for the majority of them.

I have 100s of videos on mpeg in much better quality. I stopped grabbing them ages ago as I dont care or have the time anymore.

Care to share a data cd of them with those of us who still DO care and have the time? :)

Care to share a data cd of them with those of us who still DO care and have the time? :)

If someday I ever feel like diggin out my Data DVD's then maybe. It wont be anytime in the near future though. Im just to busy with other projects right now.

I can understand removing live footage. Especially DVD live footage. I think the entire Sonata Arctica & Nightwish concert DVDs were up on youtube at some point. Music videos that don't get aired on MTV or VH1, I wouldn't understand why.

FWIW, there are Firefox add-ons that allow you to download streaming videos. You can grab the YouTube things that you must have.

I have to agree with DrumRman that the quality is usually terrible. The live things are the most interesting to me, since I can't easily get those from other sources.

Steve in Philly

No need to use Firefox, you can view a video at Youtube and later grab a copy of the file from the local IE cache on your HD. It may lack the flv-extension but just look for the latest big file from Youtube url.

Like said, the quality of all Youtube's compressed flv-videofiles is sub-par and the audiotrack is not a stereo but a lousy mono-track mp3 in in poor bitrate. Nothing to collect in libraries for generations to come, really.

About the legal issues, after Google bought Youtube last month the big stick started swinging and copyright organizations beagan to take heed.

This news was published today on the international roof organization of authors and composers - CISAC's website: Licensing YouTube & MySpace

n.p. Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize [17m06s]