Metallica complex

RedStorm

Death has come
Apr 30, 2014
somewhere in the milky way
Post bands that are or did fall into the same path Metallica did

Death: my favorite band but i could tell if Chuck lived or Death went further, it was going down in flames

in flames

darkthrone

Megadeth as well as Slayer fell into the same path as Metallica did when it comes to efficiency since Metallica also winded up producing another thing which isn't thrash certainly.

There's no reason to reply seriously to most musical assertions made by HBB.

New Darkthrone is great. It's just not as great as some of the early and mid Darkthrone.

Fuck this bollocks.

late darkthrone is frequently cool. i'm not big on later swans but it's not like they've gone to utter shit. the only bands who've fallen that hard in quality are the likes of cryptopsy (not that i liked them much in the first place) and, recently, morbid angel.

Dont know how the fuck Darkthrone or Autopsy got mentioned here.

Metallica complex? A shit-load of the thrash bands in the 90's. Slayer, Sepultura, Megadeth, Exodus, Vio-Lence via machine head, etc. Some of those bands made strong comebacks though.

yea, their "newer" stuff is actually really fuckin' good. I dont know how the fuck going from one of the most popular black metal bands to crusty heavy metal is considered selling out. I'm pretty sure their black metal albums sold and still continue to sell more than any of their albums they're continuing to put out right now.

But there is a good amount of their stuff i still havent listened to (96-04), so im not sure what route they were taking then or if they were trying to sell out or what not.

People talk about America's Volume Dealer from Corrosion of Conformity being like the band going 'Metallica' in terms of a commercially viable product. I really enjoy that album and if I am comparing AVD to Load, I'll take AVD over it if we're speaking from a strictly 'what has better replay value?' sense.

in before Krow shits on CoC