METALLICA, JUDAS PRIEST, MEGADETH Pay Tribute To ANTHRAX

thraxx

You'll Be in Hell With ME
Nov 23, 2002
www.anthrax.com
Metal musicians congratulate ANTHRAX on their 20th anniversary:

MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine: "ANTHRAX is a band that I have always respected, that has always mattered and was very important to the American metal scene. As part of the 'big four' they were responsible for an enormous amount of the credit for helping establish American metal bands as serious contenders in the world of metal."

METALLICA's Kirk Hammett: "ANTHRAX's music matters. In the pantheon of modern metal, ANTHRAX are certainly a cornerstone, and if one listens, one can hear their influence on any number of up and coming bands of the new generation."

DEFTONES' Abe Cunningham: "ANTHRAX plays a huge role in Stef and me meeting and starting to jam together; we met through a mutual friend who gave me my first copy of 'Among the Living'. DEFTONES started in 1988, but before that it was just the two of us in his mom's hot ass garage with the dryer on and the washing machine overflowing trying to make it through 'Indians' and 'Caught In A Mosh'. I would like to thank you guys for the inspiration, your precision, your tones, your dedication and for having the nut sacks to try shit that no one would. Happy 20th Anniversary!!! All the best."

JUDAS PRIEST's Rob Halford: "Everyone in JUDAS PRIEST congratulates our good friends from ANTHRAX for passing their 20th-year metal milestone. We have always been fans of the band and had the pleasure to do many shows together. ANTHRAX are true pioneers with their unique style, sound and heavy brand of metal. They have always and will continue to inspire and influence those around them within the metal world."

SLIPKNOT's Corey Taylor: "ANTHRAX is to me one of the most influential bands of my generation, albeit one of the most under rated with no real reason to be. They are concise, they are fast, they're just all around fuckin' badass. Whether they had Belladonna or John Bush, they remain one of the best bands out there, bar none."

DAMAGEPLAN's Vinnie Paul: "ANTHRAX is one of the most kick-ass American metal bands of all time. They have out lasted every trend to come along in the last 20 years and are still relevant today … my hat's off to them … definitely one of Dime's and my favorite bands of all time."

LAMB OF GOD's Chris Adler and Mark Morton: "ANTHRAX has always embodied the culmination of the early NYC crossover trend and the evolution of an entirely different heavy metal sound. This is the band that developed a sound that truly brought the fans of hardcore and metal together — influencing anyone and everyone with a distortion pedal and/or two kick drums that came after them. Never afraid to bend the boundaries and pave their own way, ANTHRAX has brought about and unleashed an undeniable contagious disease of heavy fucking metal. ANTHRAX are true pioneers of thrash metal. They've always had the unique ability to reach blazing speeds without losing any mass or power in the song … and they always stayed focused on the SONG, a rarity in the genre. Their mastery of the elements of fast and heavy has been a lesson to us all. Scott Ian's right arm is simply ridiculous … he hits so hard and stays so steady, it's literally funny to watch someone that good … and the riffs are straight up classics. Throughout the '90s, their resilience and dedication helped keep metal alive when it had all but died. Cheers to ANTHRAX for 20 years of thrash. Thanks dudes.”

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE's Howard Jones: "To me, ANTHRAX is the epitome of what was and is metal. Whether it is 20 years ago or 20 days ago, they still do what they do better than most bands could ever dream of doing. It's great to see they are still going strong."

SUPERJOINT RITUAL's Phil Anselmo: "In a time when bands seem to stay together for an extremely limited time period, ANTHRAX stays together and does what they do in their own way and in their own time. Big ups' to these guys always."

Rob Zombie: "For twenty years ANTHRAX has steamrolled over every obstacle that has gotten in their path. Nothing can stop them. ANTHRAX is an unyielding metal machine."

SHADOWS FALL's Jason Bittner: "The first time I saw ANTHRAX live was in May of 1987 on the 'Among the Living' tour. It was the most intense thrash show I had been to at that point in my life (and I just saw MEGADETH/OVERKILL the night prior)! The band, the energy, the songs, THE JAMS (some of you may be too young to know about that period!). ANTHRAX made me want to mosh, Scott Ian made me want to play rhythm guitar and Charlie Benante was instantly one of my drumming heroes. In the years that have passed, those same feelings still apply, except for now not only is Charlie still one of my heroes, he's one of my friends!"

FOO FIGHTERS' Dave Grohl: "ANTHRAX? The cover of 'Fistful of Metal' says it all. I bought that fucker when it came out in '84, without hearing even so much as a note. They haven't disappointed me since. Unmistakable riffs, mindfuck drumming and classic songs — they've opened too many doors to mention. Badasses. They are better than your band."

PUBLIC ENEMY's Chuck D: "The world of music to me is about pioneers and groundbreakers, doing bold and daring things in the face of critics and nay-sayers, while only to have everybody snatch credit when that innovation is overstood as the fabric of the terrain. There is no question in my mind regarding MY friends ANTHRAX in this regard, and dragging me along in the process of making history. Pushing the envelope, yup, plus the fact that they set a high bar on killer shows and max-throttled songs has not only entertained me but inspired me as well…"

MOTÖRHEAD's Lemmy: "Who would have thought, all those years ago, that the boys would do so well?"

AUDIOSLAVE's Tom Morello: "The ANTHRAX collaboration with PUBLIC ENEMY was one of the critical turning points in breaking down barriers of race and genre in heavy music."

MUDVAYNE's Chad Gray and Matt McDonough: "ANTHRAX is a cultural institution in the world of heavy metal music.”

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' Flea: "ANTHRAX shreds. ANTHRAX rocks. Their Joe Jackson cover made my kidneys flip upside down."

SUM 41's Dave Baksh: "The reason I started playing guitar was 'Caught in a Mosh'."

KISS' Gene Simmons: "ANTHRAX is cool — They've always been cool and 'Anti-Social'."

BLOODSIMPLE's Kyle Sanders: "Our first ANTHRAX show consisted of human flesh, metal chairs and blood ... the most vicious whirlpool of a circle pit we have ever witnessed! ANTHRAX was one of the few who fueled our fire to fuckin' rip it up ... Frankie and Charlie bottom line layin' it down!"

Its cool what all those guys think but it seems odd that the band is in such a state of flux right now that we don't know whats going on with them? Is this joey thing just this tour? Will Bush then be back? If Bush comes back will those fans that came back around for Joey stick around for a new album with John? Or if this Joey thing goes over well (which it looks like its going to) will they then try to release new stuff with him? So many questions...

FOO FIGHTERS' Dave Grohl: "ANTHRAX? The cover of 'Fistful of Metal' says it all. I bought that fucker when it came out in '84, without hearing even so much as a note. They haven't disappointed me since. Unmistakable riffs, mindfuck drumming and classic songs — they've opened too many doors to mention. Badasses. They are better than your band."

hahah, i like that

Yup. I wonder if it was a group fax to everyone or if they took the time to fax each person individually. I would love to see the actual fax. How embarassing to have to ask for credibility. Once again...GAY!

TD said:
So basically, when you do a reunion with a shitty lead singer and sub-par guitar player, you need everyone elses opinion to make is sound cool....
It could be worse Sammy could do the vocals and leads on the reunion tour. :lol:

sub-par - what a numb nutts.

DarbysDad said:
It could be worse Sammy could do the vocals and leads on the reunion tour. :lol:

sub-par - what a numb nutts.
Yeah, the Sammy reunion only made each member about 20 million $$$$$$$$$ a piece. Van Hagar must really suck. Oh yeah, every studio album they made went straight to number one. I don't think any other band can say that. DD, if you are gonna argue with someone ten times smarter than you, at least use some factually knowledge.

I was talking about Anthrax tour with Sammy as Singer and Leader player. Dip Shit!!!

10 times smarter I doubt it, maybe 5 times but I have common sense too unlike you.

..once again I have to point out, that no one cares about what you think ASSHOLE. Go and OD with your loser lawyer friend.

TD said:
Yeah, the Sammy reunion only made each member about 20 million $$$$$$$$$ a piece. Van Hagar must really suck. Oh yeah, every studio album they made went straight to number one. I don't think any other band can say that. DD, if you are gonna argue with someone ten times smarter than you, at least use some factually knowledge.

thraxx said:
Metal musicians congratulate ANTHRAX on their 20th anniversary:

MEGADETH's Dave Mustaine: "ANTHRAX is a band that I have always respected, that has always mattered and was very important to the American metal scene. As part of the 'big four' they were responsible for an enormous amount of the credit for helping establish American metal bands as serious contenders in the world of metal."

METALLICA's Kirk Hammett: "ANTHRAX's music matters. In the pantheon of modern metal, ANTHRAX are certainly a cornerstone, and if one listens, one can hear their influence on any number of up and coming bands of the new generation."

DEFTONES' Abe Cunningham: "ANTHRAX plays a huge role in Stef and me meeting and starting to jam together; we met through a mutual friend who gave me my first copy of 'Among the Living'. DEFTONES started in 1988, but before that it was just the two of us in his mom's hot ass garage with the dryer on and the washing machine overflowing trying to make it through 'Indians' and 'Caught In A Mosh'. I would like to thank you guys for the inspiration, your precision, your tones, your dedication and for having the nut sacks to try shit that no one would. Happy 20th Anniversary!!! All the best."

JUDAS PRIEST's Rob Halford: "Everyone in JUDAS PRIEST congratulates our good friends from ANTHRAX for passing their 20th-year metal milestone. We have always been fans of the band and had the pleasure to do many shows together. ANTHRAX are true pioneers with their unique style, sound and heavy brand of metal. They have always and will continue to inspire and influence those around them within the metal world."

SLIPKNOT's Corey Taylor: "ANTHRAX is to me one of the most influential bands of my generation, albeit one of the most under rated with no real reason to be. They are concise, they are fast, they're just all around fuckin' badass. Whether they had Belladonna or John Bush, they remain one of the best bands out there, bar none."

DAMAGEPLAN's Vinnie Paul: "ANTHRAX is one of the most kick-ass American metal bands of all time. They have out lasted every trend to come along in the last 20 years and are still relevant today … my hat's off to them … definitely one of Dime's and my favorite bands of all time."

LAMB OF GOD's Chris Adler and Mark Morton: "ANTHRAX has always embodied the culmination of the early NYC crossover trend and the evolution of an entirely different heavy metal sound. This is the band that developed a sound that truly brought the fans of hardcore and metal together — influencing anyone and everyone with a distortion pedal and/or two kick drums that came after them. Never afraid to bend the boundaries and pave their own way, ANTHRAX has brought about and unleashed an undeniable contagious disease of heavy fucking metal. ANTHRAX are true pioneers of thrash metal. They've always had the unique ability to reach blazing speeds without losing any mass or power in the song … and they always stayed focused on the SONG, a rarity in the genre. Their mastery of the elements of fast and heavy has been a lesson to us all. Scott Ian's right arm is simply ridiculous … he hits so hard and stays so steady, it's literally funny to watch someone that good … and the riffs are straight up classics. Throughout the '90s, their resilience and dedication helped keep metal alive when it had all but died. Cheers to ANTHRAX for 20 years of thrash. Thanks dudes.”

KILLSWITCH ENGAGE's Howard Jones: "To me, ANTHRAX is the epitome of what was and is metal. Whether it is 20 years ago or 20 days ago, they still do what they do better than most bands could ever dream of doing. It's great to see they are still going strong."

SUPERJOINT RITUAL's Phil Anselmo: "In a time when bands seem to stay together for an extremely limited time period, ANTHRAX stays together and does what they do in their own way and in their own time. Big ups' to these guys always."

Rob Zombie: "For twenty years ANTHRAX has steamrolled over every obstacle that has gotten in their path. Nothing can stop them. ANTHRAX is an unyielding metal machine."

SHADOWS FALL's Jason Bittner: "The first time I saw ANTHRAX live was in May of 1987 on the 'Among the Living' tour. It was the most intense thrash show I had been to at that point in my life (and I just saw MEGADETH/OVERKILL the night prior)! The band, the energy, the songs, THE JAMS (some of you may be too young to know about that period!). ANTHRAX made me want to mosh, Scott Ian made me want to play rhythm guitar and Charlie Benante was instantly one of my drumming heroes. In the years that have passed, those same feelings still apply, except for now not only is Charlie still one of my heroes, he's one of my friends!"

PUBLIC ENEMY's Chuck D: "The world of music to me is about pioneers and groundbreakers, doing bold and daring things in the face of critics and nay-sayers, while only to have everybody snatch credit when that innovation is overstood as the fabric of the terrain. There is no question in my mind regarding MY friends ANTHRAX in this regard, and dragging me along in the process of making history. Pushing the envelope, yup, plus the fact that they set a high bar on killer shows and max-throttled songs has not only entertained me but inspired me as well…"

MOTÖRHEAD's Lemmy: "Who would have thought, all those years ago, that the boys would do so well?"

AUDIOSLAVE's Tom Morello: "The ANTHRAX collaboration with PUBLIC ENEMY was one of the critical turning points in breaking down barriers of race and genre in heavy music."

MUDVAYNE's Chad Gray and Matt McDonough: "ANTHRAX is a cultural institution in the world of heavy metal music.”

RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS' Flea: "ANTHRAX shreds. ANTHRAX rocks. Their Joe Jackson cover made my kidneys flip upside down."

SUM 41's Dave Baksh: "The reason I started playing guitar was 'Caught in a Mosh'."

KISS' Gene Simmons: "ANTHRAX is cool — They've always been cool and 'Anti-Social'."

BLOODSIMPLE's Kyle Sanders: "Our first ANTHRAX show consisted of human flesh, metal chairs and blood ... the most vicious whirlpool of a circle pit we have ever witnessed! ANTHRAX was one of the few who fueled our fire to fuckin' rip it up ... Frankie and Charlie bottom line layin' it down!"

AugDawg's AugDawg(Demon Halo): "My first ANTHRAX show was back in 1991 with Public Enemy and Primus. At the time I had already been a Anthrax fan since 1986 and when I finally got to see them live it easily turned out to be one of my greatest concert experiences ever! Not only did I get to see my favorite metal band in top form but I was also introduced to Public Enemy which also became one of my favorite Rap artists. The Final song when Public Enemy came out and performed "Bring the Noise" with Anthrax is absolutely one of the greatest musical performances I'd ever seen live!

Fast forward to 2003: Anthrax live in Salt Lake City @ DV8. This time I got to see Anthrax with John Bush on vocals and I must say that this performance was even better! Old school songs, new songs, it didn't matter as the Thrax boys plowed through each song with razor sharp percision and this time it was with a more powerful singer! John Bush sounded awesome, and the energy of the band seemed even more than it had 12 years previously! Anthrax to me is like a bottle of very fine wine that keeps getting better with age. If I can do just some of the things that Anthrax has done with their musical careers then I will be able to look back at the AugDawg stuff with great pride! To me Anthrax are the only real thrash heros left standing! Period!

AugDawg

DD, if you are gonna argue with someone ten times smarter than you, at least use some factually knowledge.

WHAT THE FUCK IS "FACTUALLY KNOWLEDGE"???

Damn TD you showed your super human intellectual prowess with that one...........you jackoff.

Maybe "factually knowledge" is part of some new phenomenon called syntax.
He thought it was a fee you had to pay at Confession.

Oh and by the way, TD, I want to see you come up with documented evidence of every Van Halen studio album entering the Billboard US charts at a #1 slot.