Michael Romeo in a band called DC DRIVE?

Metaldrumz

Jul 18, 2002
Ok is there another guitarist named Michael Romeo, or was this same shredder in a Rock band in 1992? I know he took part on 2 Phantoms Opera CDs but havent heard about him playing on this.

I just bought this DC Drive CD on half.com for 1.99 and it says Michael Romeo as guitars but doesnt look to much like the Romeo I know. Im listening to it now, its funny.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? Im very interested in knowing if this is indeed our beloved shredder.

That's actually another guy named Michael Romeo. You'd think that Michael Romeo wouldnt be that popular of a name, but just put in a search for that in any search engine and you'll find quite a few pages linking to OTHER Michael Romeos that are not the shred master in Symphony X :p

By the way...speaking of SyX mishaps...if you see someone selling a demo by a band called "Avon Messiah" that claims to be Symphony X under a different name, it is not them, I was with my friend when he asked Romeo that, then told him someone bought it for 100$ on ebay. Romeos reaction "what the fuck? 100 dollars? Thats fuckin crazy!" :D

Originally posted by Yngvai X
That's actually another guy named Michael Romeo. You'd think that Michael Romeo wouldnt be that popular of a name, but just put in a search for that in any search engine and you'll find quite a few pages linking to OTHER Michael Romeos that are not the shred master in Symphony X :p

I didnt think it was him, but whats with this Ayreon page listing him as a player in DC Drive?

http://www.ayreon.net/info/holy/michaelromeo.shtml

That was a old threat DrumRman.Jax told me ( and I trust her :D ) that OUR Michael Romeo played in Phantom's Opera.Another guys told me that too,they said "just look at the photos...".So let's accept that's true.
About DC Drive,I never heard of it.NEVER.

Hmm, possibly the Ayreon webmaster made the same mistake you did?

I ASKED if it was the same Romeo, and that Ayreon site lists him as actually in the band.

Asking about him being in a band and listing somebody in a band is 2 different things.

So how he made the same mistake I did is beyond me.

Originally posted by DrumRman
I ASKED if it was the same Romeo, and that Ayreon site lists him as actually in the band.

Asking about him being in a band and listing somebody in a band is 2 different things.

So how he made the same mistake I did is beyond me.

My mistake. I had thought you said in your first post you bought the album cause you thought that was the SyX Michael Romeo on it.

My mistake. I had thought you said in your first post you bought the album cause you thought that was the SyX Michael Romeo on it.

Thank you :)