Mickey / Mouse Saracen?

mmurnau

May 22, 2003
Nottingham, UK
Visit site
Hi, this is my first post to this board, although I've been reading it for a while. I've been a Saxon fan for only a couple of years now (Killing Ground was one of the first Saxon albums I ever heard). I was well impressed at the Astoria in January and expect to be again at Bloodstock.

Anyway, regarding Bloodstock, I see 80s rock band Saracen are performing their first show for ages there. Anyone have any information about the band line-up we're going to see from them?

The Saxon connection? One-time Saracen guitarist Haydn Conway also doubles as the Mickey Mouse version of Paul Quinn in O/D Saxon (without comedy ears, unfortunately). He was on the Son of a Bitch album with them as well I think.

So do we get to see a piece of 'the opposition', as it were, at Bloodstock?

Sorry to make my first ever post here a sh*t-stirring one...

The lineup is the 3 original members from the classic Heroes Saints and Fools:

Rob Bendelow
Steve Bettney
Richard Lowe

plus

Richard Bendelow (Rob's son)
Jamie Little
Paul Bradder

SARACEN is one of the greatest british band ever, still listen to my Heroes Saints & Fools LP very often. What a great voice and strong guitar harmonies. Unfortunately there is no proper web site for them

Saracen is a band I've totally missed. Checked them out by downloading some songs from Kazaa and they sound great! Seems hard to find any of their albums unfortunately...

Right, thanks for that.

Might have to check Saracen out, then; as it was before I was going to go and check out the Darwin Suite when they were on. Don't reckon I'll get to see much of the second stage all afternoon / evening now...