Mid-Week Mayhem Show: Roster change

Harvester

The Promoter
Sep 16, 2001
www.progpowerusa.com
Hello All,

I just received word that due to the time commitments involved with the Stratovarious tour, Pagan's Mind will not be arriving to Atlanta until Friday afternoon.

The acoustic Pagan's Maximus show has been changed as a result. Circus Maximus will now play a full electric set consisting of cover tunes and Circus Maximus songs that will NOT be performed on the main stage on Saturday.

Both Pagan's Mind and I apologize for the change in plans.

Wow. I was really looking forward to seeing this happen but Ill take a "plugged in" set any day over an acoustic show. This is a great opportunity for Circus Maximus to play The 1st Chapter!! Very cool of them to step up and do this.

I'm slightly disappointed as I was looking forward to a combined CM/PM set that would be unique and very cool to see, but alas shit happens. It's very cool of CM to step up and play a full set - and we're going to get to hear songs we otherwise wouldn't have (at full volume) which is friggin awesome.

Circus Maximus will now play a full electric set consisting of cover tunes and Circus Maximus songs that will NOT be performed on the main stage on Saturday.

I've always had this weird idea that Circus Maximus should cover a Styx song or two :)

Holy crap. I was bummed before about not getting to see the Pagan's Maximus Show, but now I'm REALLY pissed that I'm missing a full CM live set, probably longer than what they'll get on the main stage. Any chance that there are tickets left for this? I may have to travel earlier than planned.....

I'll probably be there since I really only wanted to see Circus Maximus...and it's $100 cheaper. Haha.

So are they mostly playing covers or a bunch of their own stuff or what?

Circus Maximus will now play a full electric set consisting of cover tunes and Circus Maximus songs that will NOT be performed on the main stage on Saturday.

Personally, I wouldn't mind hearing CM perform "Sin" on BOTH nights! :lol:

That's really unfortunate news about Pagan's Mind...but a full set from Circus Maximus is going to ROCK!!! :headbang:

A Pagan's Mind cover would be awesome!!!

I, too, was soooo looking forward to Pagan Maximus but I'm STOKED to get MORE CM... Bummed but WOO HOO!!!!

Well, I was wondering if something like this might happen after seeing the extent of PM's obligation to the Strato tour, (which I'll be seeing twice, since I'm a fan of both bands and have no self restraint. :p ) I think this is a great way to fill up the evening which is all about having a fun way to kick off ProgPower anyway. While I will thoroughly enjoy hearing CM do the covers as well as their own stuff, I know I'll be reacquainting with so many people, it will be hard to pay attention. I just hope I can hang on to my voice until at least Friday. :oops:

I certainly would have been curious to hear what Pagan's Maximus had up their sleeves, but seeing an additional Circus Maximus set is just fine with me. I think we're in for a pretty memorable set.

Stay metal. Never rust.
Albert