Mid-Year Favorites????

Innerwish
Primal Fear
Striker
Thunderstone
Treat

The Treat and InnerWish rule big time! Love the others too.

Just saw Striker live 2 days ago (with Ghost Ship Octavius). They gave a killer performance for a very disappointing crowd of only 15-20 people.... Show was on a Monday and not really advertised but still... Crowd should have been at least 100...

Hope for the Dying - Legacy

Monolith - Nexus

Eths - Ankaa

Rob Zombie - The Electric Warlord Acid Witch Satanic Orgy Celebration Dispenser

Circus Maximus - Havoc

Innerwish - Innerwish

Myrath - Legacy

Primal Fear - Rulebreaker

Redemption - The art of Loss (could be my album of the year)

Sinbreed - Master Creator

Striker - Stand in the Fire

Anthrax - For All Kings

Killswitch Engage - Incarnate

The Unguided - Lust and Loathing

Black Stone Cherry - Kentucky

Redemption - The Art of Loss is number one. As amazing as some other albums, like Myrath, Dream Theater, Circus Maximus, and Big Big Train (for prog rock fans) are, there is still absolutely no contest.

This hasn't been a very strong year for my power/prog tastes. The thread calls for favorites so far and I like the following albums the most even though they're not in the genre.

Astralion
- Outlaw
Chthe'ilist - Le Dernier Crepuscule
Deisidaemonia - Khthonian Hymns
Firtan - Innenwelt
Omnium Gatherum - Grey Heavens
Sojourner - Empires of Ash
Starborn - The Dreaming City
Stortregn - Singularity
Infernal Tenebra - As Nations Fall

I wish I loved the new Redemption as much as everyone else. Fullness of Time is one of my all-time favorite album. After that it seems each album has gotten heavier at the expense of melodies and memorable choruses. FoT had some many catchy moments. While I have enjoyed the last couple albums, not sure I can recall too many memorable choruses off the top of my head when I think back on those albums.

Everyone is mentioning the Redemption because it has hands down the best lyrics this year.
And I am going to have to check out that Votum I love thier other stuff, but didnt they get a new singer?

This is my first post here. I found this forum after I purchased my ProgPower tickets. It will be my first ProgPower show also. I'm just going to the first 2 days though.

Anyway my favorites so far this year:
Avantasia - Ghostlights. I saw them in NY this year and it was unbelievable. Best show I've ever been to. 3.5 hours of power metal from the best in the business. Jorn, Kiske, Atkins, Tobi all on the same stage. Never thought I would see this live.
Innerwish - S/T. Actually read people raving about this album on this site and gave it a listen. Needles In My Mind is my favorite 2016 song so far.
Sinbreed - Master Creator. Heard this while listening to Innerwish YoutTube mix.
Thunderstone - Apocalypse Again. Same as above
Holy Grail - Times of Pride and Peril. A great improvement over their last album. Saw them twice this year. Both times they played in front of less than people. The second time there were maybe 30 people left by the time they came on.
Nordic Union - S/T. Ronnie Atkins has been on fire recently. Can't do anything wrong.
Dynazty - Titanic Mass
Project Aegis - Not really an album but the 2 songs they released were great. I'm not a Christian but I like Matt Smith's work.
Death Angel - The Evil Divide. Lost is my favorite song on this album.

I think it's been a great year so far. I always enjoy finding new bands.

Seeing MindMaze this Friday in Philly. I first heard of them when I saw them open for Evergrey in Baltimore last year. Looking forward to their new album next year. I hope they play a new song or two.