Mikael back into Bloodbath ?

yeah opeth is pretty much doomed to play with at least 1 shitty RR band for now until eternity (read: they get a different label)

Tumn said:
We don't need tours, we just need albums. So Mike and Peter should BOTH do it.

I COMPLETLY AGREE.

In my opinion, the idea of an active tour of this studio project (Though it would be cool) is what has torn important pieces from it.

Unicorn said:
Only studioalbums would be ok for me too. One or two gigs per year should be able to get scheduled though

Yeah, more Wacken type shows would be great, and I will NOT miss the next show!

the_drip said:
yeah opeth is pretty much doomed to play with at least 1 shitty RR band for now until eternity (read: they get a different label)

Porcupine tree got signed recently to RR...there is some chance for an Opeth/Wilson reunion.

@Tumn...It would be great to have a bloodbath show on Wacken but in both cases it's pretty impossible
1.Opeth are not sceduled to play wacken because they have shows elsewhere during that time which will make a bloodbath show impossible since Axe is with Opeth.
2.Opeth are sceduled to perform in Wacken and Axe has to pull up 2 shows during the festival and if they're both sceduled for the same day Axe would be pretty fucked.

I thought Bloodbath was supposed to be a studio-only tribute band anyways, so why the hell not?!

originally yes...but then they hyped up all this crap about becoming a "serious touring" band. And started looking for a permanent vocalist...which failed utterly.....since doorknobs who think their version of Bathe in Blood screamed into their computer mic is the best thing since Turkey Gravy are the only ones who sent any proper audition CDs/tapes in.

so now everythign is all shot to hell.

paradoxile said:
2.Opeth are sceduled to perform in Wacken and Axe has to pull up 2 shows during the festival and if they're both sceduled for the same day Axe would be pretty fucked.

Not at all, it depends on how far apart they put the bands on the bill, for example The Legion and Marduk played on the same day at inferno and they share a drummer. An even better example would be Obsidian C from Keep of Kalessin who'se been playing full KoK sets supporting Satyricon in Europe and then playing live guitar for Satyricon for a full headlining set immidiately afterwards. Its always possible.

Well, of course it would be great to have Åkerfeldt back in Bloodbath but is he really better than tägtgren? I dont fuckin know. Cant decide. Åkerfeldt is like more åkerfeldt and sounds awesome but tägtgren ounds totally brutal!
I hate the vocals in hypocrisy but with Bloodbath Tägtgren really showed that he can sing! Totally fuckin brutal!

It would be kinda fun with a new vocalist I think, but... My opinion is that Bloodbath should skip the live thing and use both Åkderfeldt and Tägtgren at the recordings! That would be totally killer!

//Tais

Tais said:
Well, of course it would be great to have Åkerfeldt back in Bloodbath but is he really better than tägtgren? I dont fuckin know. Cant decide. Åkerfeldt is like more åkerfeldt and sounds awesome but tägtgren ounds totally brutal!
I hate the vocals in hypocrisy but with Bloodbath Tägtgren really showed that he can sing! Totally fuckin brutal!

It would be kinda fun with a new vocalist I think, but... My opinion is that Bloodbath should skip the live thing and use both Åkderfeldt and Tägtgren at the recordings! That would be totally killer!

//Tais

A new board member with some sense!

I just don't see how Jonas and Anders can be so critical about touring when they are in Katatonia.
Bloodbath was supposed to be a tribute to good ol classic Death Metal so...
What would be really interesting (for me anyway) is if bloodbath snagged Thomas Lindberg for their next album. or got Bill Steer away from Firebird and make him do some classic Carcass Vo-kill.

or Better yet, Chuck Schuldiner should just come back from the dead

look, simple fact is, Mike cannot legally collaborate with Bloodbath due to Roadrunner being greedy fuckers.

Until the Bloodbath DVD is released, there is no chance in hell that Mike will be able to perform in Bloodbath and still have Opeth signed to Roadrunner.

Also, after hearing Ghost Reveries, I have to sadly conclude that Mike has lost his growl :(