Mike Baker (Shadow Gallery) - RIP

My heart just sank as I read Glenn's post. It was not only a few months ago when I was speaking with a friend of mine saying it has to be Shadow Gallery this year for the 10th Anniversary.

Mike was an incredible singer and I'm sure a great person as well. My sincere condolences to his family and friends. It's going to be rough listening to the albums, but at least they are there. He certainly made a lasting impression on the music community and will be greatly missed.

Shocking and sad for sure.....thoughts and prayers to the Baker family and extended Shadow Gallery family and friends.....

Drew ~

This is devastating news. Mike was such a gifted and versatile vocalist, and he should have been around to share his talent for many years to come.

Mike's emotional performance on “Lamentia” always brought a tear to my eye, and now it seems a fitting tribute:

“Winter is bearing down
On wings of Angels so your soul
Is in the hands of God
My tears on the wind…”

Thoughts and prayers to Mike’s family and friends.

My condolences to Mike's family and friends.I am very grateful to have discovered Shadow Gallery and be a fan of such a wonderful and talented person.You will be missed.

a brief update:

We have the special Condolence guestbook set up on the Shadow Gallery site now if anyone here would like to leave a message of sympathy for the Band and Mike's family.

Can someone wake me up from this nightmare please? Tell me this was all a bad dream.

Here's a sad coincidence that I mentioned on another board, but I don't think anyone has mentioned here yet:

I found out about Mike's passing soon after Coldie's notes here and on the PM boards. On my radio show the Tuesday after that, 11/4, I gave a short tribute to Mike by closing the show with The Andromeda Strain (from Room V) and Alaska (from Carved in Stone).

Then on Wednesday, I read that Michael Chrichton - who wrote the book The Andromeda Strain - had died on Tuesday.

Yikes :erk:

Ken

Here's a sad coincidence that I mentioned on another board, but I don't think anyone has mentioned here yet:

I found out about Mike's passing soon after Coldie's notes here and on the PM boards. On my radio show the Tuesday after that, 11/4, I gave a short tribute to Mike by closing the show with The Andromeda Strain (from Room V) and Alaska (from Carved in Stone).

Then on Wednesday, I read that Michael Chrichton - who wrote the book The Andromeda Strain - had died on Tuesday.

Ken

I just learned of Crichton's passing a day or two ago. R.I.P.

Although it's officially a work of fiction, his book State Of Fear was reallly eye-opening. I've since learned that some of the fictional acts mentioned in the book, like the harassment of climate scientists who disagree with human-cause global warming, has in fact occurred, and is continuing.

Ken

Wow, I didn’t know Crichton had passed away. What a shitty couple of weeks.

I’m still having a hard time shaking the sense of sadness I’ve had since I learned of Mike Baker’s passing. From the 600+ posts in the condolence book on the SG web site, I can see that I’m not alone. He was certainly blessed to have touched so many lives from all over the world during his 45 years…but it still pisses me off that life can be SO unfair. :(