Mistheria - Dragon Fire

Fire breath

Feb 20, 2002
London
piris-metalopolis.blogspot.com
Some Italian neo-classical shredder dude with ideas above his station. He's got a long list of name melodic singers on this album - John West, Mark Boals, Rob Rock, Titta Tani, Lance King - some list you must admit. However judging by the sole song on YT, the album sounds cheap as chips. Not that I will completely trust YT sound but you can sort of tell the production sounds iffy for my standards anyway. The song itself is ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&v=Wzsecc6ctB4

Thanks for posting okay bands.

But the point here is, good lineup, shitty name, generic stuff...sucks that someone who has spent so much time practicing can put out stuff and I'll just go "meh".

well guys all I will say is that it sounds pretty great considering that Mistheria the Pianist had to mix it himself because of the sad situation in the musical economy, clearly the people involved on this record believe in Mistheria and his music...

John West, Mark Boals, Rob Rock, Lance King, Titta Tani (vocals) George Bellas, Neil Zaza, Roger Staffelbach, Emir Hot (guitars)
Mistheria (piano, keytar, keyboards) Alberto Rigoni (bass) John Macaluso (drums)

That alone should speak a lot louder than one reviewer!

If anyone bothers to actually look around you'll find a lot of very good reviews on this album!

well guys all I will say is that it sounds pretty great considering that Mistheria the Pianist had to mix it himself because of the sad situation in the musical economy, clearly the people involved on this record believe in Mistheria and his music...

John West, Mark Boals, Rob Rock, Lance King, Titta Tani (vocals) George Bellas, Neil Zaza, Roger Staffelbach, Emir Hot (guitars)
Mistheria (piano, keytar, keyboards) Alberto Rigoni (bass) John Macaluso (drums)

That alone should speak a lot louder than one reviewer!

If anyone bothers to actually look around you'll find a lot of very good reviews on this album!

I don't doubt there's great reviews about it, considering people have different tastes. However, Lance, you know that the guests in an album don't necessarily have to do with how good it actually sounds. One of the Genius' rock operas are a pretty good example of that.

I don't doubt there's great reviews about it, considering people have different tastes. However, Lance, you know that the guests in an album don't necessarily have to do with how good it actually sounds. One of the Genius' rock operas are a pretty good example of that.

undoubtedly true, listen to it and judge it yourself, rather than believing someone else's opinion! So have you heard it?

Here is the latest of many reviews that are extremely favorable.

MISTHERIA ‘DRAGON FIRE’ (LION MUSIC/BERTUS)

Italian keyboard mastermind MISTHERIA releases a new album, 6 years after his last effort ‘Messenger Of The Gods’. The new CD is titled ‘Dragon fire’ and it is a very strong album actually, Neo-Classical Melodic (Power) Metal is the name of the game here. ROYAL HUNT and ARTENSION are 2 clear comparisons and some of the songs are even reaching that high level, although therefore MISTHERIA has to thank the incredible list of guest singers and musicians for, because JOHN WEST, MARK BOALS, ROB ROCK, LANCE KING, NEIL ZAZA, GEORGE BELLAS, ROGER STAFFELBACH, JOHN MACALUSO and many others stepped in here and they all come from the major bands in the Neo-Classical Power Metal genre (MALMSTEEN, ROYAL HUNT, IMPELLITTERI, RING OF FIRE, ARTENSION, ARK, etc. etc.), so then it is not really strange when MISTHERIA’s new album sounds that good. Highly recommended to fans of mentioned acts! A true winner in the Neo-Classical Melodic (Power) Metal genre and perhaps one of the finest releases in the past few years and believe me that it easily beats the last couple of average ROYAL HUNT and MALMSTEEN albums and they were once the leaders of this genre!

(Points: 8.7 out of 10) Strutter online zine

undoubtedly true, listen to it and judge it yourself, rather than believing someone else's opinion! So have you heard it?

I have checked the album. While the lineup of guests is rather impressive, there has little in this particular style that has excited me in a long time. Much like with any other genre, it's been overly done and redone, but for some reason I have a harder time with certain styles (neoclassical metal being one). For some reason, it just sounds boring to me. I'd much rather listen to a Dream Theater clone band (and those get boring too). I am not going to say the album completely sucks, because it doesn't. That being said, the music didn't really do much for me.

I keep reading positive reviews about this album though. I have no doubts that fans of the style will enjoy it. Perhaps if this had come out 8, 9 years ago I'd be all over it.