Most important country in metal?

mutantllama

Nov 24, 2005
Maine
Which country had the most influence on metal? I would go with England, because first of all, metal pretty much started in there, second of all, hugely influential bands came from England like Venom, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Motorhead, etc.

I go with England, because most of my favourite bands have come from there, and I am a mindlessly jingoistic asshole.

I have to say UK, because most of the forerunners originated there. However, the term "most influential" can be interpreted in different ways. I understand that some would call it most influential because without its bands, we might never have had metal (which I personally think is untrue); but "most influential" can also mean the country with the greatest output of important/influential bands.

But I think England stands high on that list as well.

Well, Britain was the most important country in metal. What do they have today? DragonForce?

Their importance in the history of metal can't be denied though. Today, I think the Scandinavian metal scene is the most important though.

We're talking about metal in general. Not just Black Metal.

I know it is England, but i wanted to be different from the others, so i said Norway. In fact, i don't like English bands, i try to stay away from them, but i can't stay away from My Dying Bride.

USA. Because we're the best at everything. All else are teh fail.

And because of the birth of Thrash. ;)